Rollback on thor's SMP server

Started by sifitis, January 21, 2012, 04:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

On Thursday 19, at around 4:00PM EST (when thor changed the server back from 1.0 to 1.1) a series of world errors appeared, where all the stone blocks (block ID 1) in specific chunks were replaced with air. At this time, at least 9 of these holes have been reported in populated areas, with more outside and several hundred still, most likely, unreported. Since then, at least 7 deaths and item losses have resulted from people stepping where there SHOULD have been floor, but instead found themselves plummeting to their deaths into a floating lava pit or falling directly into bedrock. I ask, as both one those victims (who btw, lost almost 4 stacks of diamonds as a result) and as a spokes person for any others, to please roll back the map to prior to this "error" so to not only repair the personal and property damage that occured as a result, but also to prevent any more unsuspecting deaths at the hand of the stone/air bug. Please consider it.

-Sifitis-

jwirth

the only reason that hasnt happened to me is because I cant get down from my house -.- because of no commands but I have gotten a few complaints myself about this issue.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Kidd2000

Quote from: sifitis on January 21, 2012, 04:32:28 PM
On Thursday 19, at around 4:00PM EST (when thor changed the server back from 1.0 to 1.1) a series of world errors appeared, where all the stone blocks (block ID 1) in specific chunks were replaced with air. At this time, at least 9 of these holes have been reported in populated areas, with more outside and several hundred still, most likely, unreported. Since then, at least 7 deaths and item losses have resulted from people stepping where there SHOULD have been floor, but instead found themselves plummeting to their deaths into a floating lava pit or falling directly into bedrock. I ask, as both one those victims (who btw, lost almost 4 stacks of diamonds as a result) and as a spokes person for any others, to please roll back the map to prior to this "error" so to not only repair the personal and property damage that occured as a result, but also to prevent any more unsuspecting deaths at the hand of the stone/air bug. Please consider it.

-Sifitis-

Man, you'd be a great reporter. Yeah people are pretty steamed about this. I think we should even though that would mean 3 days of my work on my house would be gone, But I'm fine with this. I haven't been able to do much anyways because of the lag storm that has  been on the server for a day or moar.

Juwayyid

Sounds to me like a certain mortal os trying to get some diamon out of the deal!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

ThorSummoner

Well my map backup script doesnt seem to work at all and Debugging it though TV is impossible due to the terrable lateency, as is all server maintenace and is the main reason why ranks have not been put into place.
The best I can do is wait for bukkit to come otu so I can one again have some controll over the world.
I would greatly advis people to now walk on what appear to be unloaded chunks; These pits seem very dangerous and very real apparently.
I can not imagine why the world would delete chuncks in theis manner as Im very sure such world distroying operations are not included in any script of either Bukkit or Minecraft_Server. I was made aware at one point of a bukkit pluggin that would recreate world chunks from the seed and this may be a viable option in the future.
For now though, I cannot offer any support as I still cannot even find my way home.
-Thor

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

winner3211

My house was affected by the chunk error, and I looked into the issue. I found numerous threads on the bukkit and minecraft forums about this plugin called spout causing this particular issue. I want to ask if Thor's server had/has that specific plugin. I do not think it is such a bad thing though, at least to my house I think I can take advantage of this glitch and use it as a way to easily expand my house while gathering ore :)

winner3211

hi guys I am coming here to report and issue, ask for a fix/compensation/rollback I was mining yesterday, and i logged on today to continue. I started mining again, but got disconnected. When i reconnected I spawned in the middle of nowhere and a creeper instantly blew me up. I lost 7 Diamonds 4 stacks of red stone and 30 iron ore. I probably lost some more things that i don't remember but those were the main things. if Thor could roll back the map to 7:18 AM PST I would get my stuff back. if not I guesss i can deal with it but I thought since I was the only one on at the time and this happened like 5 minutes ago and no one has been on since the rollback should not hurt anyone if Thor reads this soon.

sifitis

ya, at this point, i dont think its worth a server rollback, but thx for trying, thor
anyways, despite the swiss-cheesyness of my island, i think i can make due
(I actually turned one of the holes into a house :P)

winner3211

Doing the same with mine :) i made the whole an addition to my house :) yay larger basement

ThorSummoner

Solution! Walk north about 8 miles. No more chunk errors!
-Thor

Kidd2000

Quote from: ThorSummoner on February 14, 2012, 02:39:40 PM
Solution! Walk north about 8 miles. No more chunk errors!

That is true. sooo come to tamerial! with the pop. of 1! very mountanous and dersertty! yeeeeaaaah! featuring a huuuge abandoned mineshaft! its the only place youll love! because its awsome! yeeeeaaaah!!!

Kidd2000

seriously im very lonely here. Im killing myself out of boredome here.\

sifitis

Thats a tragedy (6 month delayed post :P)

PS: Its funnier still because your town/home/place/thing doesnt exist anymore. :)

PSS: No malice intended.