Games machines you've owned

Started by bren4q, January 23, 2012, 06:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

This discussion kinda started when PS1 got mentioned in the shoutbox and picked some pace. So here's a wee thread for it.

What games machines do you own, or have you owned in the past?

--- Shoutbox posts ---

bren4q: Aw man. Just listening to a recent DJ mix and it includes Sasha - Xpander, all the way from 1999. Haven't heard it in years. First heard that tune on Wipeout 3 on PS1. Good times
Today at 08:59:57 AM

jwirth: I still have a ps1 anyone heard of a dreamcast :p lol
Today at 09:02:24 AM

bren4q: That reminds me. A mate of mine has a Dreamcast with Shenmue. I must get a loan of it off him to play it since its still considered by some to be one of the best games of all time.
Today at 09:04:39 AM

jwirth: everyone I talk to has no idea what a dreamcast is lol
Today at 09:11:01 AM

bren4q: I used to like playing Virtua Tennis just by looking at the LCD display on the controllers instead of the TV. It was like pong. Virtua Pong.
Today at 09:18:43 AM

jwirth: lawls I always played sonic adventures on my dreamcast and echo hehe such old games still fun to play too
Today at 09:26:03 AM

wills20202: A dreamcast is one of segas first gaming systems and it is an awesome one at that
Today at 10:03:43 AM

bren4q: Oh wills... could that be any more wrong? The Dreamcast was Sega's LAST gaming system. It came out in 1999. The Master System would have been one of their first, which came out in 1985. You were right about it being awesome. Well, quite good. Just too many games were arcade conversions.
Today at 10:55:52 AM

wills20202: I own a bundle of game systems
Today at 01:46:23 PM

wills20202: here is a list Gamecube, 2 Wii's, GameBoy(Original), Gameboy Light, Gameboy Color, 2 Gameboy Advance's, Nintendo Ds, Nintendo Ds Lite, Nintendo 3DS, Playstation, N64 and a Sega Genesis
Today at 01:48:44 PM

jwirth: I have a super nentendo :p hehe
Today at 02:16:38 PM

darthjahona: I have an Atari
Today at 02:41:15 PM

Ejay845: Lol I had a ps1, and have a GameCube that hardly works  good thing the wii plays GC games!
Today at 03:16:37 PM

wills20202: So far i have the most video gamer consoles in this list heheheehehehehehe
Today at 04:24:30 PM

wills20202: and i may be getting the Guitar Hero Arcade Cabenet
Today at 04:25:11 PM

kidd2000: Gaming console list eh? hmm....Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy color, Game boy adv., PS1, PS2, PS3, sega genisis, SNES , PSP, and last but most near and dear to my heart....the Virtual boy! lawls, i got that hunka junk for 20 bucks in pprime condition with galactic pinball.
Today at 05:55:54 PM

kidd2000: oh yeah, and an atari 2600 and NES. derp how can i forget those!?
Today at 05:57:15 PM

bren4q: Yeah yeah. Buying games machines for dirt cheap decades after they came out doesn't count! Well, it kinda does. But I'd be more interested in knowing what people grew up using or if anyone rebelled and went with something less mainstream like a Sega Saturn, or a 3DO, or Neo Geo, or a... *gulp* ... CD32 or Jaguar?
Today at 06:22:25 PM
Surplus to requirements

morin

N64
PS1
PS2
GAMECUBE
XBOX
WII
XBOX360 4 of them
PS3 2 of them
3 crappy computers and my laptop which suprising works great, i was expecting less of it
i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Mine were:
Sinclair Spectrum 128K, Sega Megadrive (Genesis), PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360 (2 of them)

Plus a couple of PCs over the years -
Gateway 2000 (Pentium 1: 75MHz), Dell (Pentium 1: 166MHz), Dell (Pentium 4: 2GHz), Dell (Pentium D: 3.2GHz), Custom (Core2Duo 2.75GHz)

There's laptops too, but I never used them for gaming:
Compaq (Pentium 3: 1GHz), Compaq (Pentium 4: 1.8GHz), Dell (Pentium M: 1.6GHz)

I always wanted an Amiga 500 though. I would visit my cousins just to play that thing. Nothing came near it at the time and some of the games are still great fun to play even today (thanks to emulators)
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Kidd2000

The time I layyed eyes on a jaguar was when i found one in the bargain bin at pawn america for 30 bucks. bargain my foot! anyways i bought the monster and it doesnt work. Got out of my chair, picked up the turd, and threw it out my 1st story window. Then regretted making that kind of decision, picked it up again and set the mangled pieces on fire with my lucky lucy zippo lighter. I mean i had one....but now i dont so i cant really count it.

Jahona

Atari 2600
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Every version of the gameboy / DS at one time or another except the 3DS and the GB Micro.

Computers.

Gateway 2000 (Piece of crap died under warranty they couldn't fix it.)
Custom AMD machine built around 2004.  Father fried the motherboard after the CPU fan died.  Went out in a blaze of fire and smoke.
Acer Laptop 2007 Died a few weeks after warranty.  Bad MoBo.  My fault partially for this one.
Toshiba Laptop 2008 Intel Celeron 1.8ghz - Still alive and kicking.
Dell Optiplex 240 - Loaned out
Dell Optiplex 260 - Server / Back up machine.  I use this one for video streaming at times.
HP Pavillion 2009 - AMD Athlon x2. Still alive

Custom Built pride and joy.
Asus Crosshair IV Formula - Motherboard
AMD Phenom 2 x6 OC to 4.0 Ghz
Corsair H70 Water Cooler
8 Gb of Corsair XMS3 sec 7 1600 mhz 2gb x 4
ATI Radeon 5770 1gb GDDR5 - looking to replace this soon.
Creative XFI Soundblaster - Audio Card
Antec True Power New 750 w PSU
Coolermaster HAF 922 case
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 Developers Preview Build - separate Hard Drive

Asus G74SX - XN1
Intel I7 2630QM
12gb DDR3
Nvidia 560m 3gb

There's a couple of macs in here some were but I'm a PC guy.

oh oh Apple Powerbook 180 - circa 1991 still runs and it has a track ball!
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Skittlez

PS1 (Loaned from a friend- well he got the new PS2)
PS2 (The newer, revamped version)
PSP
Gameboy SP
PC (I'm not sure of the mods on it, but one techy friend was quite impressed, so I assume it's decent)
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Ejay845

Copied off of morin and edified:
PS1~Had
PS2~Have
GAMECUBE~Have but acts weird
XBOX~Had, bro gave it in to gamestop cuased by the red ring of death
WII~Have
Computer(CPU)~Obviously Have lol
V-Tech~ An old machine that I had money wasted on lol. When I was 6/8 or 7 it was the only excuse I could get from gaming and studying  combined. But the games for it all sucked though.
Nin. DS Lite~ Had. Legend of Zelda addition, but it kept me from getting something called the Holy Ghost (Not religion, but yes, a type of Christianity) so when I got rid of it, I got it :D - HAD
DSI~ I liked that machine for a while, but then I began to hate it, seeing how everything seemed to happen again. I left it old an abandoned, and then one time I tried to give it a shot, the top screen wouldn't work. HAD
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jwirth

I have every single system that has ever came out that plays video games not counting computers I would put them all down but Im way to lazy and the list would be to long sense I only can type with 1 hand right now :p
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bren4q

Quote from: jwirth on January 23, 2012, 09:31:03 PM
I have every single system that has ever came out that plays video games not counting computers
::)
YEAH! me tooo!!!11!
i even has teh Giggawattz PZ1 which let you connect SNES and Genesis cartriges at same time and mak a completly new game!!
it runs on love. put it under your pillow at night and it would be charged in teh morning.
only 2 were ever made. i gotz 1, and Mr. T got the other one
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

oh bren your a lucky bastard as always XD and mr. T
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Kidd2000

Juwayyid

All I have is a use Xbox 720, a Broken PS4, and a Wii U XL G7000, which worked quite well the first week I bought it. 

I also have a game oe advanced SP...
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

CTSquirrel

Consoles:

• Gameboy - got it as a birthday present in '93 and loved that thing. I still have it somewhere.

• N64 - Christmas present in '96 and my favorite console. Spent countless days/months playing Mario64, Mario Kart, Starfox, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, etc.... good times

• Gameboy color- got it in time for the pokemon craze, so I'm guessing '98 or '99. I got the gameboy link and was able to trade/battle friends (and trade myself  ;D).

• Xbox 1.0 - sometime in '04. Loved playing Forza Motorsport on it but never hooked up the console to xboxlive.

PC:

• Something very old while still in elementary school. Our school was getting rid of stuff in their storeroom and had these ancient machines given away free to anyone who wanted it. Many people were invited, but we were the only ones who showed up  ???. As I recall, it didn't have a hard drive and needed to be booted up with a floppy disk. It came with some other floppies that had games on it, though I cannot remember what they were.

• Compaq Presario - First real family computer in '00. Kinda funny that it had stickers saying it was "Ready for Y2K" when we bought it. I guess it really was!  ::) Lasted me until my current computer.

• Failienware Aurora 5500 - Current computer, bought in '05. Could have saved $1k by building it myself, although I didn't know how to at the time. Lousy performance from day 1 - multiple errors upon 1st boot and just went downhill from there. It sorta works now and I'll eventually get it replaced.

• Toshiba NB255 - It's really my dad's netbook, but I tend to use it more often while at school so he kind of gave it to me. Sometimes I play minecraft on it so it is a gaming system! But, it lags horribly on minecraft (1.66 GHz single core processor  :-\). Dad got it early last year.