Ermmm.... Cuboid Mishap?

Started by thealex447, January 30, 2012, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thealex447

Just flying around as usual and I found this...

Under the caged in redstone area by spawn:

And under the backside Skittlezandpron's house:

The weird part is physics didn't seem to affect the areas after the cuboid. There is floating lava and gravel, of course it falls when you punch it. Only smoothstone is missing.

After more thought, I have decided this is probably a server error, especially since the one under skittlez' house measures 16x32.

thealex447

And another find:

I suggest checking your builds to make sure they weren't affected.

To Darth or Bren: Should I/you //regen the areas? Or do you guys want to inspect them.

Skittlez

Actually, I was wondering about this earlier, but since this seemed to be the case in almost ever single mountain I found, I just reasoned that it was something that happened during the update to 1.0.1.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

thealex447

The odd part about the one under water is the larger part on top doesn't look like a chunk error. Just the hole really deep hole which isn't really visible in the picture. The whole thing doesn't go bedrock deep, just the 16x16 hole.

The funny part is all the errors happen at spawn, nowhere else. A while ago all of the 1.9 added blocks were removed within a pretty good radius of spawn.

Jahona

The first two photos seem to be a bug when going from 1.0.1 to 1.1
Thor experienced the same issue on his server.  I would suggest to you alex that if you see this just VoxelSniper smooth stone in to fill the holes. 
As for the large square that used was an unfinished project by a member who never came on so it was decided to remove it.  The clean water never ended up blending in with the water around it.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Jahona

Most of the peculiar instances have been fixed around the spawn.  A few underground structures that were damaged have been filled in as they were irreparable.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

I've used //regen in a few places, and for the taller mountains its not generating the same landscape shape, which is a pain.

If stuff is bad I'll see what old copies of the map I have. I might be able to copy chunks from old maps to the new one using MCEdit. There's no auto-backup but I have some copies from before various bukkit updates so it wont be a complete rollback. But hopefully we can get by without doing all that.

Plenty of other servers are experiencing the same glitch. Using "Spout" has been a common theme. Strange thing though, I removed that plugin a few days ago but we are only seeing this missing stone now. Here's hoping it wont spread any more.
Surplus to requirements

sifitis

Actually, on Thor's server, we turned one of the 1.0->1.1 holes into a large underground storage facility :)
but ya, its a bit of a pain

thealex447

@bren I think the mountains you are regenerating are made/modified by voxelsniper. Darth and I have already ran into that problem. The holes don't seem bad enough for the copying of chunks through MCedit, unless somebody's house is cut in half.

bren4q

I'm almost certain that the mountain upon which the spawn is built was an original world generated mountain, and its large portions of that which are missing. We didnt have VoxelSniper back when we built spawn.

Like you said, it hasnt affected any builds, but it needs some repair work. //regen has done some, but a few holes need to be plugged and smoothed out.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

90 percent of the spawn is original.  A few parts were cuboid in to expand a bit but not much was done.