I have a problem with minecraft...

Started by MarcusBoay, February 26, 2012, 02:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusBoay

My mom recently bought a new pc for me and it doesn't liEk minecraft that much...

When I'm on classic, wom or no wom, this happens....

http://i.imgur.com/xKuro.jpg  (nice url <.<)

As you can see the walls are glitchy with adminium stripes and if this is to happen to buildings, it will become somewhat distorted... Why is that?

When I'm on retail or classic, render distance far for me is lag. I also encounter some lag when my render distance is normal... Can someone explain to me?

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

bren4q

What is the graphics card that you have?
(to check, Start Button, type in Device Manager and hit enter, then see what is in under Display Adapters)
Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

MarcusBoay

bren4q

Hmm. Was hoping that would give a specific model or series. Can you look around and see if its Intel HD 3000 or something else like that?

What make and model of laptop is it?

Is it a 64bit or 32bit version of Windows 7? (right-click My Computer, Properties, look for System type)
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

You could also run this Intel updater utility to see if it updates the drivers on the laptop.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu
Surplus to requirements

gtracebike1

When I was using my mum's computer, it looked like that when someone built something like that. you have to get up close to see whats there.
it's called IRONC

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

Quote from: bren4q on February 28, 2012, 12:20:22 PM
You could also run this Intel updater utility to see if it updates the drivers on the laptop.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Classic on my pc is now ok after I ran this.
minor lag while on retail.

MarcusBoay

Quote from: bren4q on February 28, 2012, 12:15:29 PM
Hmm. Was hoping that would give a specific model or series. Can you look around and see if its Intel HD 3000 or something else like that?

What make and model of laptop is it?

Is it a 64bit or 32bit version of Windows 7? (right-click My Computer, Properties, look for System type)

It's a desktop and i don't think I can see the specific model or series...
64-bit
further information: http://i.imgur.com/xgzvn.png

bren4q

Quote from: MarcusBoay on March 01, 2012, 01:40:13 AM
Classic on my pc is now ok after I ran this.
If you feel the urge to hit that <applaud> button by way of saying thanks, go right ahead!  ;)

Quote from: MarcusBoay on March 01, 2012, 01:40:13 AM
minor lag while on retail.
Since its an onboard graphics adapter and not a dedicated card then its going to struggle with more detailed 3D games. Minecraft retail is quite demanding.
Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

Now i just checked in for classic and it seems that I lag when I am on far render distance on guuests maps.

Do you have any recommendations?

thx for fixing my other problem ^^

bren4q

Your laptop has an Intel i7 processor and 8GB of memory. That's fairly high end. Weird that it only has an Intel onboard graphics and not a dedicated card. But I'm guessing the reason it lags with more stuff onscreen is cos the graphics card isn't that powerful. Which is a shame, cos the rest of the specs are damn good.

Not much can be done about it. Reduce WOM window size or reduce your view distance with fog.
Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

Quote from: bren4q on March 01, 2012, 02:45:52 PM
Your laptop has an Intel i7 processor and 8GB of memory. That's fairly high end. Weird that it only has an Intel onboard graphics and not a dedicated card. But I'm guessing the reason it lags with more stuff onscreen is cos the graphics card isn't that powerful. Which is a shame, cos the rest of the specs are damn good.

Not much can be done about it. Reduce WOM window size or reduce your view distance with fog.

It's a desktop ._.

bren4q

Your desktop has an Intel i7 processor and 8GB of memory. That's fairly high end. Weird that it only has an Intel onboard graphics and not a dedicated card. But I'm guessing the reason it lags with more stuff onscreen is cos the graphics card isn't that powerful. Which is a shame, cos the rest of the specs are damn good.

Not much can be done about it except upgrade your graphics card. Alternatively, reduce WOM window size or reduce your view distance with fog.
Surplus to requirements