Insomniac Build-off Competition! - Round 1!

Started by Saracalia, March 04, 2012, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reichtmueller

Here's my build.

http://spencersschmidt.imgur.com/all/

It's The Pantheon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheon,_Rome

I tried to stick as close to the picture as possible, but let's be honest, my recreation is very bland. I tried to make it detailed but it's just hard on this scale.

I know 2 weeks was amounted and this normally would have been a massive amount of time, but I have been very busy in real life. I've been very busy in school, family, and attempted and failing at getting a motorcycle liscence! (lol) Anyway, enough excuses, I just hope that I can atleast scratch by to round 2. :)
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Saracalia

Those builds are looking good.

The round is almost coming to the end, so keep up the good work everyone.

bren4q

How many people get to go through from round 1 to round 2? And then how many go through from round 2 into the final round 3?
Surplus to requirements

joppe205

i will finish the build today i think, and then i post it^^

Saracalia

Quote from: bren4q on March 15, 2012, 05:32:40 AM
How many people get to go through from round 1 to round 2? And then how many go through from round 2 into the final round 3?

hmm, dunno yet. We'll just see how many have joined in Round 1 first!

haze_storm15

Here is my build.

I built the coliseum but I couldn't get the design very well, so I altered it to my fitting. This build took me 5 days of hard work and advice from other players. Hope I can proceed to the next round!

Hugs and kisses,
storm_kid15 (haze_storm15)
[^ That wasn't what he actually wrote, but I thought it was funny. Yes, I have an odd sense of humour. -Skittlez]

Skittlez

@One_Schiller

I personally think that one of the most important aspects of such builds are actually the columns, since they are so obvious, and they set the tone for the build. I would suggest that you play around with the style of the columns a bit, and try coming up with an interesting design for them, it might help your whole build "pop" more.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Reichtmueller

Ah, Skittlez. I much appreciate the opinion, I will work with it on the weekend.

I would also like to thank you again for cleaning up my post :)

haze_storm15

noku pusur said we cant u copy paste first round is that true or not

Worceste

This is my build, variation on roman villa rustica

Hope it's not too late for posting.  :)

Reichtmueller

kesteve

Here's my build.
It's an interpretation of the Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine. The first one was destroyed so a perfect rendering was not possible. Here's a model of what it looks like now:

Here's what I created:

In case the links don't work, here's the URL: http://imgur.com/O2aXG,sDyCH,5fQ8r,M5Yz0,zAvrf,1Bch3#0

Oh, these were some of the ideas I worked off of. The floor plan seems accurate. The others are probably artists interpretations:

Thanks for looking at my build.  :D
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Saracalia

hmmm, there is a lot of good builds here, this maybe hard to choose for who goes through to round 2!

jajajakes

Here is my build:
Fools speak lies, but wise men speak the truth. Then why are the fools always thought to truth?

pusur44017

This is my build: the phantheon

-pusur