(what is)Brick-Force!

Started by Kidd2000, March 28, 2012, 02:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidd2000

To me Brick-Force is what you'd get if you took Minecraft and mixed it with Counter-Strike. Players have a blocky, military character that acts as their avatar of creation and destruction. You can customize your character by purchasing new clothing articles and weapons for them. All items are mostly helpful by increaseing things Luck stat (which determines the chance of taking full damage), helps you earn more exp, and can help you earn more points that are used for buying or renting in game items to use.

Now aside from running and gunning, you can make your own map where FPS players can play on! For me this is my favorite because in minecraft, sure you get to make stuff, but its cooler if people us it for shooting and destroying! In the beta phase, you are given some simple blocks to use for making a map, but if you rent or buy a ticket for from 1 day to 90 days, you can add things that will really make the map shine!

There are many people to play and have with too. (Who is cupquake? she seems famous and everyone on my team was like "OMG cupquake is playing CTF on our team!") You can make a clan and add friends too.

I really didnt go all that into the depths of the game because it can be changed since it is in closed beta. The game is in close beta, but they are currently doing stress tests so if you want to play, download the client, register on thier website and play. :) If you dont want to do that then wait around mid-april for the open beta where anyone can join! If you like minecraft (duh) and like FPS (yeahhuh) then yo should heck out BrickForce!  8)

jwirth

and People say minecraft couldnt be legit voilence.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bren4q

I've had the beta of BrickForce for a month. It has never worked. Some unhelpful XTrap error pops up when I try to login.

"Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system."

Eh, no. My operating system is not corrupted. And is there any chance you could narrow down what you mean by "close any program which is affecting client"?
It seems BrickForce is off limits for me unfortunately. Pity, cos it looks good.
Surplus to requirements

Ejay845

This is like ace of spades but more....
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on March 28, 2012, 08:09:56 AM
I've had the beta of BrickForce for a month. It has never worked. Some unhelpful XTrap error pops up when I try to login.

"Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system."

Eh, no. My operating system is not corrupted. And is there any chance you could narrow down what you mean by "close any program which is affecting client"?
It seems BrickForce is off limits for me unfortunately. Pity, cos it looks good.

Silly question: Have you turned off your anti-virus and tried again? You can also try deleting the XTrap folder located inside the game folder.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Juwayyid

I'm still hooked on Ace Of Spades.  It's simpleness makes it great.  This brickforce thing looks much more complex, in regards to AOS of coarse. 

I think Ill go play AOS right now!  GoonHaven Servers are the best there are!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Quote from: Skittlez on March 28, 2012, 03:58:28 PM
Silly question: Have you turned off your anti-virus and tried again? You can also try deleting the XTrap folder located inside the game folder.
Aye. No joy. I logged a ticket on their forum couple of days ago. No word back yet.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Pardon my stupidity, but I seem to need some help: I have registered for the Beta game thing, created an account, added email etc. I then downloaded the Unity Software thing and downloaded the game as well. It prompts me for my email/ID and password. I input the info I have provided when I was registered for beta, and set up an account, however, the game says it does not recognize the account. I tried first inputting my user name: Nope. Next my email: Nope. Any ideas where I derped?
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Kidd2000

Quote from: Skittlez on March 28, 2012, 08:57:24 PM
Pardon my stupidity, but I seem to need some help: I have registered for the Beta game thing, created an account, added email etc. I then downloaded the Unity Software thing and downloaded the game as well. It prompts me for my email/ID and password. I input the info I have provided when I was registered for beta, and set up an account, however, the game says it does not recognize the account. I tried first inputting my user name: Nope. Next my email: Nope. Any ideas where I derped?

Well, its closed beta so either you have to wait for open beta or participate in the stress tests where everyone registered whether their account is unlocked or not. There are 3 stress tests to see if they could handle alot of player on their servers. Forgot to mention that. There are only 2 servers. One for the US and one for EU. Dont worry, these wont break, if they can handle 100,000 at a time. Then they are fine. But yeah, they will unlock your account if you particapte in the 3rd test which is:

Stress Test #3 >> 72 hours

Start: Saturday 31st March, 16:00 CET / 11:00 EDT / 8:00 PDT

End: Tuesday 3rd April , 16:00 CET / 11:00 EDT / 8:00 PDT

I'd recommend you guys do try it. Its hellava fun time making maps with friends and shooting your friends. :)

bren4q

Quote from: bren4q on March 28, 2012, 08:09:56 AM
Brick-Force support got back to me and said that some "overlay" software can cause this error. Took me a while to figure out what the hell an overlay program is, let alone whether I had one installed. Some software programs run over others and might apply an extra layer over it, perhaps a menu or something (e.g. the chat pop up you can sometimes get when playing a Steam game).

Long story short, I worked out that Teamviewer is the cause of my error because it puts a small little arrow on the top right of each window you have open. I closed Teamviewer and Brick-Force works. Just an fyi for anyone who is having same problem.
Surplus to requirements

Kidd2000

They just had an update. This features new weapons like and M16, M4, M9, Mini Uzi, .44 Rovolver, M67 Frag Grenade, a toy hammer, a special type of MP5 that I forgot about its name, another assualt rifle that I have no idea what it is, a sniper used in the SWAT and a L96. This updates also includes clothes. So you can dress up like the SWAT, a robot, a chef, a mechanic, a ninja, a surgeon, a signal man, and an infantry man. This also includes the ability to change genders. A LOT of accessories. Which will give you benifits to gain extra XP, points, and luck. Another nifty thing is a thing called, The treasure box. You can put in you points to gamble for a chance to get a "All Bloxed up" weapon. (Or so I call it) Those are weapons that are exculsive to the tresure box. They last one day. But have all of theyer negatives gone and positives up! Look what I won...

My new L96 or BWM (as what they call it for copyrights reasons.) moments after hitting a person.

Hehe.....I have you in my sights...

If you guys do play Brick-Force, do add me! I'm "Kidd2000" With a capital K and no ".