The Classic Servers

Started by Skitty, November 14, 2011, 07:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

So shouldn't the guest limit go up since there's to be a merge? I know its the lsdt thing most/some people want to do but we should make the merge be very big since both servers are very medium big. Just a thought since everything is going to be merged which I dont know why. I dont want an answer either btw.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skitty

the guest limit is going to be raised.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Mudman

When we merge are we just going to loose all the maps and builds, or are we going to delete one and go on the other one. If so being the selfish one, i want number 3 to stay
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bren4q

The merge is now complete. Initial tests look fine but post here if there are any problems.

Where maps had the same name (e.g. epic1) the ones from IS1 were renamed to have a 'b' at the end.
e.g. "epic1" from server 1 became "epic1b"
The "builder", "pro" and "epic" maps are the ones most affected by this since they had same names. Map names can be renamed again if you like - just ask your local superop. I just needed to get unique names in place for the sake of the merge, so the 'b' thing was quick and easy.

All ranks should be merged, but I had to do it by hand so there could be some misses. Let an op know if you lost a rank as a result of the merge.

Player stats of people from IS1 couldn't be migrated over. It would be far more complex to merge and wasn't entirely worth the extra hassle. If you really really want your stats brought over (baring in mind they will overwrite your stats from IS3) then they could probably be done on a one-by-one basis, tedious as that may be.

So any problems, let us know.

Interesting fact: after merging, there are over 22,000 unique names banned from the classic server!
Surplus to requirements

Sublimity

Good job everyone else who helped to make this merge happen!

bren4q

Quote from: Sublimity on December 05, 2011, 10:09:53 AM
Good job everyone else who helped to make this merge happen!
"Everyone" meaning me! :)

Quote from: Skitty on November 23, 2011, 04:42:51 PM
the guest limit is going to be raised.
I see the guest limit has been raised to 15. If we just arbitrarily raise the guest limit then we will have times of the day when there are lots of guests and no ops, which would result in the maps getting badly griefed.

I've installed a plugin that automatically raises the guest limit when ops are online, and automatically reduces it when there are no ops online. With no ops, the guest limit is 4. Then for every op online the limit raises by 4 more.
i.e.
0 ops = 4 guests allowed
1 op = 8 guests allowed
2 ops = 12 guests allowed
3 ops = 16
etc
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Nice idea and good way to protect the server. 

Bren, do you ever go onto what was pk3 and visit your grave?  Hahaha. Your grave is epic!

You a ghost?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

That means there is a grave for me along with a map called "brenspersonalhell"?

Seems ominous.  :-\
I better start making the necessary arrangements for when I'm gone - will, funeral, burial, party poppers, confetti, booze, prostitutes...
Surplus to requirements