Insomniac Classic 2 - 800craft

Started by bren4q, May 18, 2012, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

IS2 not listed
IS2 is in the top 10 on minecraft.net so we've lots of guests and griefers. Since we can't cover the server at all times in the day myself or skitty will set it to "private" from time to time (console option only). This hides the server on minecraft.net so new people wont join. Its not offline, just hidden, so it still keeps its position at the top. You can still join it if you know the URL. So be sure to add a bookmark in WOM or your browser the next time you are on so that if its hidden you can still join.

For your convenience:
http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/267ad1cd56956b603cbb42dffc4ea8be

I'll be adding more general 800craft command info here shortly.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

i kept it private since my bf is now over and i would not be home till now

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Saracalia

Goody, does this mean less work for me, since I am mainly on when every other OP isn't?

Skittlez

Bren, is it possible to add a few more templates to the possible maps please? I remember there were a few good ones, such as river, but the current available ones are kinda... meh.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Reichtmueller

Can we also add the /write pluggin?
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

The write plugin has very little control. Any rank can use it. And it cant be undone. So on my test server I have people using it and the words went through builds. There was no block info on it and any rank could do it. So it cant be used at the moment.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Instead of making the server private when it gets busy I'll just reduce the number of players allowed online.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Quote from: Skittlez on May 19, 2012, 12:02:55 AM
Bren, is it possible to add a few more templates to the possible maps please?
Add templates where? Not sure what you mean.

The map generator built into the 800craft server config program has more options to tinker with than the command you type in game. It also has a handy preview of the map it generated before you save it. I sent you a PM with a link that you can download and play around with yourself. If you come up with any good maps that you want on the server, mail them to me or add them to the shared Dropbox folder that we've been using and I can pick them up there and add them to IS2.
Surplus to requirements