Ban appeal: NullSchritt

Started by NullSchritt, June 14, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NullSchritt

1. What is your full Minecraft name:
NullSchritt

2. What happened? -> Give a brief explanation:
I was rude to bren, called him a cunt and some other names, and he banned me.

3. Why do you believe your ban is unfair?
I'm not saying the ban was unfair, I'm just saying I don't think I deserve a perm ban for cursing at him, when he instigated the argument, and continued to have to have the last word, and seemed to be acting like a total smart-ass.

I also felt unfairly denied adv comparing my thread to other threads, and their builds, and related approvals, simply because he had a disagreement with me, then started being a dick to me afterwards, making it out like I was some inconsiderate prick for making my build where I did, as if there was anywhere else with the required room, when my build didn't touch, nor obscure any other builds, although I suppose those two "ideas" are matter of opinion I guess, because in Brens opinion floating water is impossible to see through, and I must have been a pretty inconsiderate builder to make my build there.

If I honestly meant the rude things I said, then I wouldn't have a gf, or any friend irl, but apparently my attitude doesn't translate over the internet well with some people, so I apologize. I just want to be able to get back on and build in my free time, and build with my friend, and my gf :/ I already put a decent amount of time into the builds on on this server, regardless of if anyone finds them significant or not.

Edit:
Also I'm bi-polar...... I explode randomly, I have constant periods of hypomania, it's not my intent, to offend others, not that I'm blaming all my actions on this, simply saying that as a result I'm at times, extremely manic, and therefore extremely impulsive.

4. Which admin actually banned you?
Bren

Skloosh

Quote from: NullSchritt on June 14, 2012, 09:42:41 AM
Edit:
Also I'm bi-polar...... I explode randomly, I have constant periods of hypomania, it's not my intent, to offend others, not that I'm blaming all my actions on this, simply saying that as a result I'm at times, extremely manic, and therefore extremely impulsive.

ಠ_ಠ wat? i do that too... that doesn't really necessarily mean you're bi-polar it just means you're really impulsive...

:Edit: I might be bi-polar....
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

NullSchritt

Quote from: Skloosh on June 14, 2012, 10:31:32 AM
Edit:

ಠ_ಠ wat? i do that too... that doesn't really necessarily mean you're bi-polar it just means you're really impulsive...

:Edit: I might be bi-polar....

Yes, if you're impulsive all the time, it can be a result of period of mania or hypomainia in bi-polar, the way to tell is you're either completely impulsive, or, completely depressed(so you're not impulsive at all for period of time)

I'm no psychiatrist, but if you find yourself constantly doing things without thinking, spending money, getting in fights, getting way more angry than you should be, you might want to see one, to see if you have a condition of any sort.

Edit: (Infolink)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_II_disorder

(there is also bipolar 1, and a third kind I cant remember the name of. edit[cyclothymia])

Skloosh

I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

bren4q

he instigated the argument, and continued to have to have the last word, and seemed to be acting like a total smart-ass.
I did not instigate any argument. I am well within my right to ask why a build, which you claimed was yours in your rank request, is cutting through someone else's build.
I am also within my right to remove unnecessarily large cuboids from maps if they take up too much space and serve no purpose.

That cuboid of cold water seemed to be both of these - taking up too much space for no reason, and also cutting through another build. So I began removing it to restore the other build. You bluntly said about it being a place for people to fall into from the platform way above and that you didn't make it. I started to put it back once I understood what it was for, but you had already assumed an aggressive attitude which was not needed and which I took issue with.

If you asked someone else to make that cold water then you would have asked them to put it in that location, which already had a build in it. I was trying to find a way to have both the water and the other build restored to how it was, but you kept bitching.

More carelessness for other builds was evident with how you obscured a good pixel art by making another large cuboid of water about 3 blocks in front of it. I wanted to at least make you aware of it so that it wouldn't happen again, but you were still raging.

As for the rank rejection, other people had mentioned how some of your builds on the request were on the basic side, not just me. So saying I was just being a dick to reject it is wrong. Your lack of consideration for other builds and your attitude in game certainly didn't help your case. Builds are the main factor for deciding a rank but in-game behaviour is taken into account too.
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

I didn't realize I used the word "dick" can you give me a break for a moment, I've apologized in this thread even, and been pretty much 100% nice, which isn't easy for me at all.

Clearly, I'm trying to be nice... but I feel like you're nitpicking at a little thing just to try to make me mad so you can be like HAH YOU'RE RAGING again.

Edit:

Also the way you presented the entire situation was "wrong" if you just start messing with someone's shit, chances are they will get mad, chances are you're an admin, so most people will not say shit, and just be like oh hey why did you do that, or what are you doing that for, but most people don't have bi-polar disorder, and most people arn't already pissed off at the moment you choose to do so.

You could have said, oh, hey null, did you intersect this build, oh, wait for an exlannation, or, hey, I'm going to move this water up, or hey hold on a sec, I'm not deleting this, I'm just trying to get it out of the way, or even a hey, null, why did you make this water, before you go erasing it. You left room to do nothing but assume.

I had been up all night without sleep, because of course, I have insomnia, as of course, a result of hypomania, as a result of bi-polar disorder, making the build, which I was watching you destroy with no explanation as to what it was that you were doing exactly.

bren4q

100% nice?
It might be a step up from calling me a "CUNT" but its not at 100% yet. Maybe 60%.

"then started being a dick to me afterwards"

"he instigated the argument"

"seemed to be acting like a total smart-ass."
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 11:05:19 AM
100% nice?
It might be a step up from calling me a "CUNT" but its not at 100% yet. Maybe 60%.

"then started being a dick to me afterwards"

"he instigated the argument"

"seemed to be acting like a total smart-ass."

Trying to be anyways. I said "seemed" in that one sentence, so that shouldn't even count, the word disk is part of my usually vocabulary for anyone who has a disagreement with me, so it shouldn't really be taken as a personal insult(or at least isn't directed as one). And you did as I previously pointed out, instigate the situation by lack of clarification. Saying you instigated it doesn't mean I'm saying you were the cause.

bren4q

Quote from: NullSchritt on June 14, 2012, 10:53:51 AM
You could have said, oh, hey null, did you intersect this build, oh, wait for an exlannation, or, hey, I'm going to move this water up, or hey hold on a sec, I'm not deleting this, I'm just trying to get it out of the way, or even a hey, null, why did you make this water, before you go erasing it. You left room to do nothing but assume.
If something damages another person's build, I'm gonna fix it. I will do what I can to preserve both builds, but the build that was there first gets priority and the person who build through it has to accept that. Yeah, I could have explained it out of courtesy first, but the typical reaction from people is always "nooooo" or in your case, you said you didn't make the water, it was crazy_maarten. He wasnt there, so I just went ahead and started patching it up.
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 11:10:13 AM
Yeah, I could have explained it out of courtesy first, but
Yeah well I could be not bipolar, but, that's in my genetics.

bren4q

Yeah, I could have explained it out of courtesy first, but .... it was [made by] crazy_maarten. He wasnt there, so I just went ahead and started patching it up.

Bottom line, me doing /z on some water... was it worth getting so worked up over? Especially since it can be undone in seconds.
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 11:17:07 AM
Yeah, I could have explained it out of courtesy first, but .... it was [made by] crazy_maarten. He wasnt there, so I just went ahead and started patching it up.

But I explained that it was made FOR me, for my build, I made water, but when he MODIFIED it, to be cold water, he intersected the other build, as well as took out about 50% of my build, then he apologized and logged.

Edit: Did you not catch the point about me being bi-polar, do you think I really "decide" what's worth getting worked up about, especially after no sleep?(just because someone has the energy to stay awake doesn't mean their mental function stays clear).

bren4q

I got that you are bi-polar. So assuming last night's outburst was down to that, I'm willing to put that to one side.

But in your posts here, now, you are still suggesting that I was in the wrong and being the smart-ass. If you are saying this now without having an episode and without being tired, then that's what I'm disputing.

I do apologize for removing that water without giving notice, but surely you can see why I started doing it and the uncertainty over who it belonged to and what it was for. I put it back once I realised my mistake.
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 11:37:43 AM
I got that you are bi-polar. So assuming last night's outburst was down to that, I'm willing to put that to one side.

But in your posts here, now, you are still suggesting that I was in the wrong and being the smart-ass. If you are saying this now without having an episode and without being tired, then that's what I'm disputing.

I do apologize for removing that water without giving notice, but surely you can see why I started doing it and the uncertainty over who it belonged to and what it was for. I put it back once I realised my mistake.

I said "wrong" in quotations because in my opinion, you presented the situation wrong.

Which simply means that I'm saying you have to accept at least SOME responsibility for the situation turning out the way it is, even if it's 0.00001%, your choice of presentation, is what set off the situation. So I'm not saying it was completely your fault, but yes, I'm saying in my opinion you were at least partially wrong for your course of action. (for example, had you presented differently, chances are I would have reacted differently, I believe in life we call this cause and reaction, or "physics")

And as you can clearly tell there is a big difference between the way I Can communicate, when I am, and am not having an episode, my disorder doesn't magically go away just because I'm not sleep deprived and hypomanic, but I think it's pretty clear that I've applied effort to presenting my opinion in a non-offensive way, as compared to whilst having an episode, not giving a single fuck(as you saw).

Edit: and I said you "seemed" to be being a smart ass.

haze_storm15

using bi-polar as your excuse is useless and you had help with the builds and on the rules it says to respect other players witch you didnt do