Ban appeal: NullSchritt

Started by NullSchritt, June 14, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NullSchritt

Quote from: haze_storm15 on June 14, 2012, 11:47:09 AM
using bi-polar as your excuse is useless and you had help with the builds and on the rules it says to respect other players witch you didnt do

QuoteEdit:
Also I'm bi-polar...... I explode randomly, I have constant periods of hypomania, it's not my intent, to offend others, not that I'm blaming all my actions on this, simply saying that as a result I'm at times, extremely manic, and therefore extremely impulsive.

I wasn't using it as an excuse, I was saying it was a factor in the situation....

Also, the only "help" I got ever, was placing, portals, replacing water with cold water, and lava with hot lava, and only because I couldn't use said blocks at current rank.

haze_storm15

i have family memebers with bi-polar so i know how it works and your fine if you take med so your trying to use it to your advantage not what it really is

NullSchritt

Quote from: haze_storm15 on June 14, 2012, 11:51:44 AM
i have family memebers with bi-polar so i know how it works and your fine if you take med so your trying to use it to your advantage not what it really is

Well I don't take meds because I React badly to anti-psychotics, and anti-depressants, and mood stabalizers set me clear on one end or the other of the spectrum, medication isn't "universal". That's why there's so many different kinds of it.

Edit: If you really wanted to go into that, I'm also on 4 other meds, for my anxiety disorders, and ADD, so yet another reason why I don't want to pile more meds on. But quite frankly I didn't feel like using my whole life's story as an excuse to get back on a mc server, that's why all I said was that being bi-polar was a factor. Please don't assume you know everything.

Skittlez

Yea, I'm going to hitch up on the bi-polar claim; The mania phase and depressive phase of the bipolar disorder typically last the whole day, for a few days, as far as I remember 4 days to be classified as bipolar (I might be wrong). Your seemed normal for a good few hours, then had a random outburst. Now you seem normal again. Regardless of whether you have bi-polar or not, that out burst was not associated with any psychopathology. Furthermore, the fact that you are bi-polar is not an excuse. While we are sensitive to people with disorders disabilities etc, this does not give you a free pass card to swear at others. This looks like a random outburst caused by nothing more than rage. Honestly, I'd be willing to give you a chance of regardless why you did it, as long as you apologize (which you did), and do not do this again. We ban people not out of spite, but to preserve the integrity of the community. If you are not a threat , then there is no reason to ban you.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

NullSchritt

Quote from: Skittlez on June 14, 2012, 11:57:03 AM
Yea, I'm going to hitch up on the bi-polar claim; The mania phase and depressive phase of the bipolar disorder typically last the whole day, for a few days, as far as I remember 4 days to be classified as bipolar (I might be wrong). Your seemed normal for a good few hours, then had a random outburst. Now you seem normal again. Regardless of whether you have bi-polar or not, that out burst was not associated with any psychopathology. Furthermore, the fact that you are bi-polar is not an excuse. While we are sensitive to people with disorders disabilities etc, this does not give you a free pass card to swear at others. This looks like a random outburst caused by nothing more than rage. Honestly, I'd be willing to give you a chance of regardless why you did it, as long as you apologize (which you did), and do not do this again. We ban people not out of spite, but to preserve the integrity of the community. If you are not a threat , then there is no reason to ban you.

SKittles to further explain the behaviors you witness, I have "rapid-cycling" bi-polar disorder, I cycle several times with in a day, within a very long phase of 11 months of depression with about 3 weeks of pure mania a year. My bi-polar disorder isn't an excuse for anything, but it certainly makes remaining calm in a situation that normally shouldn't be that big of a deal, no walk in the park.

Like I said, I hadn't had any sleep either, so it was just sort of a combination of things and I sort of snapped, but I'll try my best to not be disrespectful to anyone. I'm sorry.

bren4q

Was there a swastika incident as well?
Surplus to requirements

NullSchritt

Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 12:07:45 PM
My first build ever had a swatzi on it, and I Think edit:[skitty] removed it, and I had a discussion, that I don't remember to be heated, or disrespectful, with skitty, and rei(I think rei was there) about how a swatzi is no more offensive than a cross, people have been killed in the name of both, and both have been misused as symbols of bad deeds.

Skitty said I could put it back if I wanted afterwards, but I never did.

Saracalia

Hmm, instead of getting in a rage with a staff member or another player, why not do what I did once? I was getting in rage with a game and ended up punching my computer screen, pretty bad! Like so, I have a disability as well, but I don't intend to use that as an excuse. But with your bi-polar, instead of getting in rage with someone, why not stop and think of something good, or say "Firetruck" so many times? I assure you that it will work for you to not get banned again!

Skittlez

Quote from: NullSchritt on June 14, 2012, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: bren4q on June 14, 2012, 12:07:45 PM
My first build ever had a swatzi on it, and I Think edit:[skitty] removed it, and I had a discussion, that I don't remember to be heated, or disrespectful, with skitty, and rei(I think rei was there) about how a swatzi is no more offensive than a cross, people have been killed in the name of both, and both have been misused as symbols of bad deeds.

Skitty said I could put it back if I wanted afterwards, but I never did.

I understand your point, but due to heavier cultural associations with the swastika (the holocaust) we do not allow for them, and honestly, I get your social critique, but you should have realized that this would have caused an issue.

Skittlez

Quote from: Endermantel on June 14, 2012, 12:12:56 PM
Hmm, instead of getting in a rage with a staff member or another player, why not do what I did once? I was getting in rage with a game and ended up punching my computer screen, pretty bad! Like so, I have a disability as well, but I don't intend to use that as an excuse. But with your bi-polar, instead of getting in rage with someone, why not stop and think of something good, or say "Firetruck" so many times? I assure you that it will work for you to not get banned again!

Can we please get off the topic of Bi-polar? It is not really a factor in this decision, and will only prolong useless discussions.

Saracalia

Quote from: Skittlez on June 14, 2012, 12:15:26 PM

Can we please get off the topic of Bi-polar? It is not really a factor in this decision, and will only prolong useless discussions.

Sure, but I was only coming up with an idea to help prevent from another ban.

NullSchritt

Oh trust me, I've broken many-a-laptop, and cell phones over the years. In fact when this issue happened I slammed my keyboard across my AIO and sent it flying then freaked cuz I thought I broke the AIO, but I didn't, and that's about when I calmed down real fast.

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Skittlez

Skitty

no i mean hes banned serversided as well. he shouldnt be allowed here. the population of his ip kept ddos storming the servers and forums so i had to ipblock him. he should not be allowed in here and ontop of that his account was also banned O-o

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.