PKS' future

Started by Sublimity, November 06, 2011, 08:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublimity

So, what do you think of PKS' future?

Skitty

im not going anywhere. the name might change but im still here.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

MauritsD

Yup we should keep this stuff up and running, i wont resign as Trustedadmin :)
Im MasterDutch1995, my irl name is Maurits. :)

sifitis

sigh, i had all sorts of awesome builds on beta 1 (or beta 0 if you somehow misinterpreted the IP)

MauritsD

Quote from: sifitis on November 06, 2011, 08:57:22 AM
sigh, i had all sorts of awesome builds on beta 1 (or beta 0 if you somehow misinterpreted the IP)

I think the beta server is still up and running, im not sure though.
Im MasterDutch1995, my irl name is Maurits. :)

bren4q

The main changes are in group name and the forum. The vast majority of people who play and admin here will continue to do so.

The old forum is gone and we don't have any way of salvaging anything from it. A new forum will take its place and will most likely be similar to the one you are looking at right here. The address of the forum will change, once we have decided on a new group name.

The new group name is not yet decided. ThorSummoner was planning to run the community using the group name "Thorian". Thor is focusing on the Beta side of things but the largest part of the PK community is involved with Minecraft Classic and for the re-launch I was hoping that we could adopt a more neutral group name and have more than 1 co-owner. If you have ideas for a new group name, please propose them here on this forum on the New Forum Name thread. We may stick with Thorian, but its good to have other ideas available.

The classic servers will stay running as PK1 and PK3 for the time being until we have a new name and forum The 2 classic servers will be merged if feasible. If we cannot merge correctly and safely while maintaining all information, maps, block history, etc. then they will not be merged.

The Beta 1 world is unfortunately unavailable. PowerHouse did not make it available for download before shutting down.

Thor will run a Beta server again. This was pkshost1.dyndns-server.com but this is offline now. If this doesn't reappear soon then myself or skitty will host a beta server. The full release of Minecraft is not far off (Nov 18th) so it could be a good time to re-launch. Or if anyone else wants to volunteer a dedicated PC to run 24/7, then offers will be considered. Reliable lag-free hosts are always welcome.

Keep an eye on this forum for other announcements.

PK is dead. Long live PK.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

BeerEnKaas

It's gonna get another name and become succesfully classic 3 was full today with guests!

Saracalia

Quote from: BeerEnKaas on November 06, 2011, 11:31:28 AM
It's gonna get another name and become succesfully classic 3 was full today with guests!

Yeah, I think there needs to be more watching on PK3.

McG

Great summation post bren, +1.

For those wondering about Thor's beta server, it's still up and running.  The IP is thoriannet.dyndns-server.com.

McG.
Howdy, I'm McG.  Musician/producer, competitive sailor, avid Minecrafter.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.

ThorSummoner

Quote from: MauritsD on November 06, 2011, 09:14:06 AM
Quote from: sifitis on November 06, 2011, 08:57:22 AM

I think the beta server is still up and running, im not sure though.
As your our severs I have hosted a resoruce page, it will soon be up to date will all out services and will act as a central point for any of the things we need and use.
It is hosted at the adress:
http://PowerKrewServers.net
(soon to be moved to http://Thorian.Net)
and will contain links and information on all our servers,
Out beta server has been moved to the adress:
ThorianNet.dyndns-server.com
and i will soon have details about our classis servrs hosted too.
-Thor

Jahona

If yall need any help for the future just give me a PM. 
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!