Insomniac Hall Of Memories/History

Started by Ejay845, July 27, 2012, 03:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

After a tragedy has hit the server, not long after have I suggested after all that has happened
that we have a map filled with memories. Depending on how you think of this server or how close
you are to it, you may cry or what not. But hey, we still need to give honor to the past, no matter
how gone it is. I hate time, but I can't forget it. No one can.

So. This map will be made on classic, and only by one of the finest builders on the server that rank from
AdvancedBuilder-EliteBuilders. Op+s can join but after they do their work...and they have to be great.
*Update* You can be any rank aslong as you build well and/or have been here for more than 7 months and know history.

Questions Most Likely To Be Asked:

What will be in this map? In this map, names of people that has done something for this server
that has changed it will be in there. Also the history of Insomniac.

What do you mean by "people that has changed the server"? I mean people that has help built
this community. People that has helped make ranks, people that have helped pick the community back up when it
was down, and etc.

How will we know what they did? Are we just going off of your knowledge? You will know what they did
because under a mini-head picture will be their name and if space what they did. If not, a message block.
We are not going off of just my knowledge, but others that has been here for atleast around a year.

What history is there? You shall see.

Why can't I help if I'm under advanced builder? You can't help because you're either:
1. Too young of a player to be helping on this sort of stuff.
2. Been here a while, but just not skilled enough.
3. Or some other bad reason relevant to why you haven't been ranked.
*Update* You can help if you're under Advanced Builder under these conditions:
1. You've been here for more than 7 Months (for info purposes you can help).
2. You're a really good builder.
3. Both 1 and 2 makes you automatically qualified.

Done with questions. Now I do not want to be a control freak, or the one that puts this together.
Make this big. It is going to be a Insomniac National-Server-Wide Monument. Like the great Monuments of the U.S.A.

What do you suggest?
Suggest Everything. The map name, the style, even post a picture of a prototype of a part of this build
unless you wanna take the chances of making a big epic prototype that we can use as a sculpture.
Suggest the colors, the writing, the information and everything. Heck you can even suggest the re-naming of
this post. But read below.

Suggestions. If this gets big. Hopefully it will be something taken seriously. You suggestion might get
flooded and just passed by because of other post. What do you do? Make your post good, meaningful, and
relevant. Other than that, also use good spelling and grammar. You should always have that reguardless.
Your suggestion should be atleast approved by 5 of the people that are helping and have been approved to help.
I say 5 now, but it might get bigger. Hopefully most of us has gone through, or is going through middle school and
know how to convert percents. So the percentage will be atleast 60% of those helping. When your suggest is
considered, it will be posted at te bottom of my big giant post with a big border called "Considered Suggestions".
*Don't forget to post all your suggestions and all your knowledge so we can include it!!!*

Who has the rule to consider helpers? Trusted Admins, SuperOperators, and aged Elite Builders.

How do I apply to be a helper? Put it in this order.
1. In-Game-Name
2. Server time by your knowledge, and server time by the server's knowledge. Be Honest.
3. You're Rank.
4. What you will do/wish to do. (This is your promise. You must do this before anything else, or even leaving
the server.)

^This Should All Be a Simply, Easy, short 1 post thing. Be sure to *THINK* about it this.^

So now that we have all this done. Suggest about Everything. (Including this post, modifications, and the project).

==========================================================================================
CONSIDERED SUGGESTIONS AND PARTICIPENTS IN THE PROJECT.
==========================================================================================
HELPERS
---------
Skloosh
Blitzkin
GlennvW2468
Haze_Storm15
MRocks21
Ejay845

-----------
Suggestions
------------
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Saracalia

This sounds really good Ejay. Man, I could try and help out, but dunno much :(

Skloosh

there should be something on dwerg just for lulz.

on another note, id be applying now :D

(1) Skloosh ( Also know by some as Flutterbitch or Kinjaninja )

(2) Along time... / No idea but since like some time last year?

(3) Advanced Builder ( Previously Operator )

(4) Hey hey hey... I'm a builder i don't need no plans! ( nor do i needs da grammar for da lulz )

(5) 404 - Question not found.

No full time computer can't help bleh...

<pointless animated gif removed to speed up page loads>
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Saracalia

Skloosh, not to be rude or anything, but can we just not try and vote for ourself's in this? It is okay to vote for yourself, but others may come to a disagreement about adding self's into this map.

Skloosh

Quote from: Noku345 on July 27, 2012, 03:43:15 AM
Skloosh, not to be rude or anything, but can we just not try and vote for ourself's in this? It is okay to vote for yourself, but others may come to a disagreement about adding self's into this map.

Saracalia

Don't "WAT" me, I am just saying... Besides

It's true. Even I am one

Glenn

Wow looks great, I'd love to help;

1) GlennvW2468

2)I have no idea, server time says 10 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes, and 20 seconds on IS1 and on IS2: 35,5 hours but I've been playing since 'PK3' had map06, so a pretty long time :)

3)Operator (formerly bad TA..)

4)I've been playing for a while, I gues I can help with "The History Of The Isomniac Servers"

5) Also, will this be done in like "teams" so ppl who make the map (decoration) try to come on the same moment and ppl who write the history come at another/the same moment wich is good for all these people?

6) Idea: Maby create a map for the names of the countries where the Insomniac players live, This'll allow us to see the variety of our comunity. Also A time line might be a funny idea, like the year that "PK" started and the year it changed into "IS", or for any other time-related things.

I hope I get chosen, Greetings Glenn
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Skloosh

Quote from: Noku345 on July 27, 2012, 04:43:47 AM
Don't "WAT" me, I am just saying... Besides

It's true. Even I am one
i wat because i have no idea what you just said...

Blitzkin

1. In-Game-Name:
Blitzkin

2. Server time by your knowledge, and server time by the server's knowledge. Be Honest.
I'm here since 03/30/2011 starting at PK3 map26, server time: 9 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 50 seconds :P

3. You're Rank.
Elite builder, currently modified 122.576.160 blocks (behind bren by 6 million blocks :P)

4. What you will do/wish to do. (This is your promise. You must do this before anything else, or even leaving
the server.)
I've met a lot of awesome people i'd love to make a memorial build for. I already made one for CTSquirrel :P
I can help on building and ideas for this project.
Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over.

Saracalia

1 In Game Name:
Noku345

Been on servers since April 3, 2011, starting in map62 as I can remember. About... ugh... Dunno, too much time.

3. Your Rank
TrustedAdmin

the server.)
Building a large detailed city on IS. I have started, but haven't fully finished :(

haze_storm15

1. In-Game-Name
haze_storm15

2. Server time by your knowledge, and server time by the server's knowledge. Be.
18days and 58 minutes (this is including my storm_kid15 account)

3. You're Rank.
operator

the server.)
i wish to become a trusted admin or so but help the community grow

Saracalia

Quotei wish to become a trusted admin or so but help the community grow

You don't have to be a TA or SuperOP or an OP to help the community grow. All you gotta do is make sure the server is safe and clean for the community to grow.

MRocks21

ive been around since PK3 map25-map30 area. (first build was a basketball court and a tree house.) but to be honest i haven't really done anything to help insomniac/PK. i did build the original railway for cybercity.
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0616-1278

Please PM me your 3DS FC so we can be friends!

Ejay845

Congratulaions to our new helpers. Way more can be added.

Quote from: Skloosh on July 27, 2012, 03:39:11 AM
there should be something on dwerg just for lulz.

Dwerg was already gonne be in there because he did do more than what he's famous for to the community.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ejay845

IMPORTANT NOTICE IMPORTANT NOTICE IMPORTANT NOTICE IMPORTANT NOTICE
There has been a major update relevant(having to do) with the big main post.
These updates are in the "Suggestions" category, the second paragraph of the main post,
and lastly, in the question section of "Why can't I help if I am under advanced builder?"

Please read this. Especially if you feel the "Why can't I help if I am under advanced builder?" update is relevant
to you.

And Remember. All MEMBERS ARE WELCOME TO HELP!
[spoiler][/spoiler]