The Minez Insomniac Squad!

Started by Juwayyid, August 03, 2012, 02:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

hmmm, details...something that has coordinate gridlines would be a massive help, but topography would be phenominal

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Jaysers on August 04, 2012, 02:27:42 PM
we could try to be like ButlerBandit. he must tell us his secrets to survival...

The Secret to survival is this: Run and run as fast as you can.
Held Together by Duct Tape

sifitis

Does CombatLog NPCify you if another player is milliseconds from hitting you the first time?

Cause I finally just got some decent stuff...

ALSO: which desert ruins did you say were the rendevous?

Krawkyz

Edited into first post by juwayyid.

Glenn

Well, I've found my way to the desert outpost, hope to see you guys there, ... or not..
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

pusur44017

i would love to join you...but I'll probably be just a blind passenger...and be bothersome but i dont know what you think

-pusur

Krawkyz

Jaysers

Logging Camp: a few buildings, maybe around 3-5. Saw a few people in chain/armor, but unsure what the loot is like. *Approach with caution*
Ridgevale: very snowy with around 3-5 buildings. Again, saw a few players with chain/iron, and again, unsure what the loot is like. *Approach with caution*
Huntsgrove: 2 small buildings with 1 chest in each+2 large buildings with 3-4 chests in one and 5-6 in the other. It is usually abandoned, but a few players will camp the building that gives more chests at times. stone sword and leather armor, quite the amount of food, water is available in the middle, and is secluded. Has crafting table in the larger building. If a pit-stop is necessary, check this place before departure.

In other news: I will be embarking on a journey across western US. Will be gone for up to 2 weeks (more specifically, 10-11 days) starting tomorrow at 4am. After that, it will become the busiest year of my life, but i will attempt to be as active as i can on MC and the forums.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

sifitis

Um, add me to the list, kraw.  Also, anything MineZ going on tonight?

Butlerbandit

It seems that a lot of people have been asking "What is MineZ" as of late, so I'll try to provide a thorough description here: MineZ is a Minecraft plugin that is based off the insanely popular DayZ mod for the game Arma 2. A number of popular Youtube personalities have done coverage of DayZ, such as the Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, Captiansparklez, and Seananners. The MineZ mod, much like the original DayZ mod, is designed to use existing in-game mechanics to simulate a zombie apocalypse survival scenario. Since it requires no client-side mods in order to play, it re-tools existing mechanics to server different purposes. For example, the experience level now represents how "thirsty" the player is, and players must drink water from bottles to replenish their thirst, while the experience bar itself represents how "visible" a player is to zombies, meaning how far away the zombie must be to see and agro on the player. Certain items are also used for purposes more suited to the intended gameplay: since having a full hunger bar no-longer heals you, paper is now used as "bandages", while green dye represents antibiotics, and red dye represents ointment. These changes, combined with significantly faster zombies make the game more challenging and fun.

Now that you (hopefully) understand the mechanics of MineZ, it's time to move on to the actual gameplay: the central idea of the game is that players are to spawn with almost nothing in a somewhat random location, then travel the world in search of towns and ruins to acquire the loot they contain. I'm sorry to tell you that players are unable to actually place or break blocks in this game, as that would simply make it far too easy. As players travel and loot, they will often come into contact with hordes of zombies they must fight off or flee from, as well as numerous other players who will often kill you as soon as look at you. The idea of the game is to brave these challenges, meet up with friends, and acquire better loot (the best armor and weapons can be found in the dangerous northern area of the map)

As per our involvement in MineZ: Some of the members of Insomniac servers have banded together on the MineZ servers to help each other out, and to have a bit of fun. We have apparently taken to calling ourselves the "MineZ Insomniac Squad", and we often try to coordinate excursions and adventures into the world of MineZ (usually after filming on the Creative server). We use the Insomniac Teamspeak server to help us communicate during these adventures, and despite the constant struggle, death, and other various hinderences to our quest to reach the area known as the "Cave of the Dying Lady" (though no-one seems to know why we want to go there), we still have a lot of fun

sifitis

That phonebook of a speech is pretty much the gist of it, plus a few bonus typos.  I'm going to be talking more about the actual map itself.

Anyway, as he said, there are to be no placing or removing of blocks EXCEPT for a few plants with special tools for food.  These tools can only be aquired in loot chests and are fairly rare.

Food is rare on this server, do not waste it if you do not have to.  There are roads olong the map that have halfslabs built in to them so you dont have to jump, as jumping uses up a lot of food.  Roads, however, pose a new danger, as bandits tend to hang along them to attack the unsuspecting noob.

South = Players that will kill you
North = Everything else you dont want to imagine

STATISTICS OF TOWNS ON THE SOUTHERN COAST______________________

Grimdale- Heavy PVP, Low Zombies, Unofficial food capital of mineZ, crafting bench access (very rare).
Portsmouth- Med/Heavy PVP, Med Zombies, random supplies, crafting access.
Camp Bell-Low PVP, VERY HIGH ZOMBIES!,best armor on the southern coast, no food.
Romero- Med PVP, Med Zombies, medical supplies, defendable areas, double crafting access.
Yawpton- High PVP, Med Zombes, chainmail armor likely, stone swords, crafting and brewing access, no food.

These are just some of the southern towns, if you go to a northern town, youll have to find out for yourself ;).

Attatched is a map, good luck!

PS: The server is in version 1.3, remember to back up your 1.2.5 jar!

sifitis

ditchy1996, welcome to my hitlist, prick stole all the food I had for you guys

that included some mushroom stew

Glenn

Quote from: sifitis on August 07, 2012, 11:36:13 AM
ditchy1996, welcome to my hitlist, prick stole all the food I had for you guys

that included some mushroom stew
Aww, sif, wanna team up? How about the desert outpost? :P We're stronger together! :D
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Butlerbandit

I'm still in Devils Castle with (hopefully) enough food to rescue Juw and Kraw when we're all able to get on

sifitis

the new Insomniac/mineZ motto:

-Live long, gather supplies, never go to Lorfaul Mines ever again-