Sea of Thieves

Started by Jahona, January 31, 2018, 01:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7wPy3X8fyA&

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/r/sea-of-thieves/9MVQ2J7BXZJD?rtc=1

So I asked this in the shout box and on Discord and received some positive replies.  Is anyone interested in Sea of Thieves?  I would love to get a team together to pillage and plunder the high seas in the Insomniac Shenanigan style.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

I would love to, however I think the days where I can do it is scarce, partly because of job, timezone and brother sleeping next room.
However from the 19 to the 23 february (week 8, winter holiday), I can do a full game session every day including the start and end of those weekends, I don't know if that is usable in any way.

Emperor_Quimby

Also I see the price is 91,58 dollars (still preorder too apparently) can we get volume discount or some youtuber's code discount if we all are buying it anyway?

Jahona

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on January 31, 2018, 04:52:56 PM
Also I see the price is 91,58 dollars (still preorder too apparently) can we get volume discount or some youtuber's code discount if we all are buying it anyway?

I don't know just yet.  It also doesn't release until March I believe so it would miss your winter break.  With it being on Microsoft (Xbox) I don't know how much of a discount we could expect this year.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Jahona on January 31, 2018, 05:23:48 PM

I don't know just yet.  It also doesn't release until March I believe so it would miss your winter break.  With it being on Microsoft (Xbox) I don't know how much of a discount we could expect this year.

How about we buy "Blackwake" instead? It's roughly the same, costs 24,88 dollars and is able to be bought on steam and played right away.

Jahona

I remember seeing early test footage of that last year.  It's still in early access on steam right?  Haven't seen much about it since the middle of last year.

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Jahona on February 01, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
I remember seeing early test footage of that last year.  It's still in early access on steam right?  Haven't seen much about it since the middle of last year.

Yes it's still in early access, which maybe explains the price.

Glenn

I'd totally be up to be a apart of a Sea of Thieves crew!

I see the price is 91,58 dollars
It appears to be  $59.99, not sure where you're getting that from

Blackwake looks a bit too... basic...(?) in it's current state; recent data mining seems to suggest Sea of Thieves' final release will be quite a bit more fleshed out
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Glenn on February 04, 2018, 12:32:22 PM
I see the price is 91,58 dollars
It appears to be  $59.99, not sure where you're getting that from

Yeah I found that weird too, I just searched it on the internet and took the first link I saw, which showed that price, but I see the one that Darth linked to is much more cheaper.
Both websites were Microsoft store, but I must have clicked in to some extra package offer since I got that price.

Jahona

I believe one of the benefits of Sea of Thieves when purchased on the Microsoft Store is that you get both a copy for the PC and the Xbox if you have one.