Wills20202

Started by wills20202, March 10, 2019, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wills20202

I understand why I was banned on the creative server, What I did was wrong. I was wondering if I could be unbanned and start fresh? I sincerely apologize for destroying the spawn, honestly I didn't think I could do it but when it happened the server crashed and I couldn't undo my actions and make things right, This is the only creative server I really enjoy and was wondering if I could be given a chance to come back and be a respectful member of the community again? If not I understand.

Thank You for Taking the time to read my appeal.
Sincerely Wills20202

Butlerbandit

Exactly what were you trying to do when you broke the spawn?
Held Together by Duct Tape

sifitis

Here's the thing, Wills, you didn't JUST damage the spawn.  You damaged spawn 15779.44 and 15779.46 hours ago (about a minute of difference) with two different world edits, implying that it wasn't one accident.  Additionally, we logged you destroying a portion of the Overworld in Whispy Willows 15779.66 hours ago (about 22 minutes before the damage to spawn).

Would you please explain how you managed to perform at least 3 destructive world edit operations over the course of 22 minutes by accident and then, rather than reporting the accident at the time so that we could fix it, left it for us to find on our own much later?

You have to admit that it's a pretty hard sell, Wills.

wills20202

I honestly do not remember why I did what I did, Most likely it was around the time I just was being an ass and I never thought about the consequences of my actions, yet as time went on I forgot about my wrongdoings. I don't remember why I didn't report it, most likely because at the time everyone kinda didn't like me and I figured nobody would want to keep me around.

sifitis

Alright Wills, here is the deal.  Your explanation seems a little sketchy, but it was almost two years ago, so I'll let it slide for now.  Not "thinking about the consequences" and "forgetting wrongdoings" are not valid excuses for deliberate destructive acts- or as you put it: being an ass.  I maintain that your ban was justified.

That said, it WAS almost two years ago, and I am a firm believer in second chances.  I've discussed the issue with Butlerbandit and we've agreed to pardon you on the Creative server.  You will be demoted to Builder rank, which precludes the usage of WorldEdit.  Given how destructive WorldEdit can be, we place a significant amount of trust in all of our players who achieve VIP rank, and you violated that trust.  Given time, you may be able to earn it back, but we'll have to see.

I've lifted the ban, but know that I don't believe in third chances. Have fun and use common sense.
-Sif

wills20202

Thank You, Sif and Butler, I agree that those are not valid excuses but since it has been over two years I could not remember why I did what I did. I am more then happy to be reinstated with Builder rank and maybe in a long time have earned up enough trust to regain VIP but not for a long time.

Wills20202