Tekkit and its future.

Started by pusur44017, June 21, 2015, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pusur44017

I have reset the map and removed all existing mystcraft worlds. So, I hope that for the time being, it's stable enough to play on.

Tekkit is this summer upgrading to 1.7.10. We can hope that when they finally have gotten to this version there is a satisfying solution that somehow allows us to have moderation tools.

In it's current state, the tekkit server eventually becomes incredibly unstable after having seen some playtime, and I have thought of an option which I will present in not too long, I'd just like to ask you to report to me the mystcraft worlds you do not need so that I may delete them for stability.

The option I talked about is this: We remove all kinds of old bukkit plugins and use the server software that the technic dev team compiled and whitelist it to stop grief. We will whitelist members we trust. This way the tekkit server essentially becomes a perk for long playing times.

If this is acceptable please let me know

-pusur

Skloosh

I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Jaysers

It seems something has dun goofed the server again... Though this time, believe it ot nor, I don't think any of us were the cause of the crash. I think. I hope.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

pusur44017

I have updated tekkit to 1.2.9g and added whitelist system to prevent grief. I think I have whitelisted you all, but if not, send me a message somewhere and I'll do it asap. I have also installed a new server side mod that is not a plugin from bukkit that works really well and I hope you'll be please with. Let me know of issues.

-pusur

sifitis

Jahona

Quote from: sifitis on June 25, 2015, 08:49:03 AM
are we still using bukkit?

We weren't ever using Bukkit.  We had this hybrid child born out of wedlock between bucket and forge.  This child was promised to deliver greatness but failed in the end. 

From the looks of it were running a straight forge server.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

sifitis