10gbps network cables

Started by bb25565, August 21, 2012, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb25565

*Warning: some cat 7 and 6 cables do not have the same conection type mening that they will not fit corectly in your brodband routers or motems, but there are difforent typs of fittings for the cables.*

Resently I have orderd Category 7 RJ45 cables. They do the same thing as a normal Category 5e cable but better.  I highly recomend these cables to everyone who hostes a server, website, hardcore networkingh, ect. and here is why. The main difforence between the 3 cables(cat 5, cat 6, cat7) is the abount of data being pulled through the cables. So with that said, Category 5e cables should be able to do about 100mbps. Category 6a should be able to do a 1000mbps. A category 7 should/will do 10gbps, it is that insain of a cable. Now if you dont know how a gb compares to a mb well... There 1000mb in a gb. So the category 7 cable can do 10000mbps.

Now, there arnt that many devices that can pull that amount of data such as a wireless router. But some computers can pull emence amounts of data. Even if your computer cant pull this amount of data, but you do hardcore networking this cable can be good in a way. Say you are having a lan party(a party where people bring there computers and game) and there were a about 10 people. All you would need to do is hook a cat 7 cable from the modem to your switch. And say wour switch were to do 100mbps on each port. A cat 5 cable would give all 10 computers about 10mbps. A cat 7 cable would give all 10 computers 100mbps, but if you have a better switch that would give 1000mbps to each port, the cat 7 cable would to exactly that.

So if you have just 1 or 2 computers in your house and you had the cat 7 cable hooked up to both rigs via switch, you could do what ever you please. And i "highly" recomend this cable. Highly recomend it.

You also might be wondering about the price compared to a cat5 cable well... listed to this. I bout a 25foot cat7 cable for $13.00 US pluse shipping. And they still do what they say with that kind of price.
Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

Jahona

I replaced all of my Cat5e cables a while back with Cat6 cables.  I'm not exactly about to replace the Cat6 as that would involve running new cables through walls.  If your building a new network though go for it.  Also you can buy the Cat7 bulk and buy the connectors if your doing a large install.  Saves you a bit of money.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bb25565

I didn't mean replace your whole house with they cables. I just meant modem to switch, or modem to PC. Nothing to special just maxed out network(not including the fiberoptic cables).
Fawkes

bren4q

Hmm. I think I still have Cat 5e cables being used to connect parts of my 1Gb network at home. I was happy with it... until now. Time to hit eBay I reckon.
Surplus to requirements

Reichtmueller

I'm not much of a techy would someone dumb down these posts for me?
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Jahona

Higher number cable = faster speed
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bb25565

Sorry I was away. So he is the "dumb" version of things. In your house you have cat5e cables. the cat7 cables are 100x faster. And that is no exaggeration i did the math it is exactly 100 times faster than the cat5e.

cat5e = 100mbps  = turtle
cat6a = 1000mbps = bunny
cat7 = 10000mbps = Bugatti Veyron super sport
Fawkes

bb25565

Got new cables for my house, remember the results for the tekkit server. well check this out: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2168204388.png

Fawkes

jwirth

Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!