How to Download WoM for Windows

Started by Mudman, October 03, 2012, 11:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudman

thought I would make this thread to help all the people asking how to get it.

(If you can't see WoM minmize all of your browsers and go to your background. For some reason, it does not show over other programs)

Controls

- Shift makes you go 5 times faster
- CTRL makes you go 2 times faster
- Z enables fly mode
- Q is up
- E is down
- X held down lets you go through blocks
- Space Bar is flying up really slow
- F2 Toggles on and off no clip

Directions

=============================================================================

An easier way..click on this link and follow directions 6-12.- http://tinyurl.com/how2fly
(Thanks Bren)

=============================================================================

1.Go to www.worldofminecraft.com

2.Create an account ( there will be email verification)

3.After you have created and verified your account, go to the Downloads Tab

4.Click on the blue download next to "World of Minecraft Game Client" should be the first one.

5.Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the downloads for different versions. Click WoM Game Client v2.07 for Windows.

6.A small window will open asking you what to do with the file WoMClient-2.0.7.zip
-fill the bubble save file and then press okay

7.The compressed file WoMClient-2.0.7.zip is now in your library(files), so go to your files and find the Downloads section.

8.Find the file "WoMClient-2.0.7.zip", the icon should be a zipped folder. Right click the folder, and then left click the option "Extract All".

9.Another window will appear telling you to set a destination for the files being extracted. You can just leave that alone and click Extract.

10.There will be a progress bar, don't touch it. After the progress bar has dissapeared, nothing will pop open. Stay in your Downloads folder and go to the top of all the downloads you have(depending on how much downloads you have) and you should find a folder similar to the zipped one.
-You will find a folder named "WoMClient-2.0.7", and this time the folder icon is open. Open this folder.

11.You will see 2 folders and 1 program. lib, native, and wom. Open wom, click run.

11a. If you get a message saying missing file. "You do not have a copy of minecraft.jar installed. Do you wish to download it or quit?" Click Download

12.Now you have to login. Use the username and password you use on www.minecraft.net. Click remember if you don't want to type it in every time and leave the valid box checked if you want, doesn't really do anything.
-Resume takes you to the server you were on last time you exited WoM.
-Sign in takes you to the list of servers, and you're bookmarks.

To Add Us to Your Bookmarks

-Below the Server List, there are three buttons. Add, Edit, and Delete.
-Click Add
-Enter Insomniac 1 or 2 into the chatbox (or whatever you want to nickname it? and click OK
-Then another box will appear which is where you enter the URL and click OK.Just for u the URL is...

Insomniac 2-http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/999c0dbec2b73559bd9142504d3ff1cc
Insomniac 1-http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/444b15b895174cc275cd9dcd4aaa4518
(If the URL's don't work try it without the www?)

(What I do, is copy the URL and paste it in Notepad, And put the URL and WoM side by side and copy it into the box)

Put every single letter and number into it, or it won't work. The whole thing.

-After you have added Insomniac to the your bookmarks double-click the bookmark you just created and a window will pop up and that is you going to the server!

Dump Level saves the map that you are on, onto your computer.
Screenshot........takes a screenshot.
And Exit....well you know...exits.

Tell me if you have any problems while downloading or if something is seems incorrect in these directions.
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

bren4q

I made a direct download link for WOM so that people don't need to sign up to worldofminecraft.com

Instead of steps 1 to 6, just go to tinyurl.com/how2fly and it will download directly.

Skitty, can you add this to the top of the main page? Or better still, how can I edit those lines myself, because there is some outdated stuff in there that needs to go.
Surplus to requirements

greenyoshi119

Quote from: bren4q on October 04, 2012, 05:40:50 AM
I made a direct download link for WOM so that people don't need to sign up to worldofminecraft.com

Instead of steps 1 to 6, just go to tinyurl.com/how2fly and it will download directly.

Skitty, can you add this to the top of the main page? Or better still, how can I edit those lines myself, because there is some outdated stuff in there that needs to go.
can you also put up a link for 2.0.6/2.0.6? because for some reason i can never log into 2.0.7... I nerver have been, but since i had to delete everything on my computer,  I no longer have 2.0.6/2.0.5 and therefore, I'm unable to log into WoM.
If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Bren, you should also add the links for the downloads for Linux and Mac OS X. But I am planning to get a laptop later on the year to put Linux on it, and I am supposed to have a my own computer by sometime next week.

greenyoshi119

If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

Mudman

Well that was how I downloaded, and I figured, people asking "how to get wom". So instead of telling people over and over - refering to the forums.

If there's an easier way, delete this thread and post a new one if you would like bren, so people shall know an easier or updated way, I don't mind  ;).
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

bren4q

tinyurl.com/how2fly is an instant download so that's easier than registering on the WOM website. That one step can replace the 6 steps needed to get WOM from their site.

The rest of your post is still helpful to people (extracting zip files, the controls, etc.)
Surplus to requirements

Mudman

Do you recommend I shorten it, tell me which steps to delete and where to put the link and I will edit it, to make it easier for the public.