Direct Connect Doesn't Work For Me

Started by NickNarwhal, October 10, 2012, 07:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickNarwhal

i followed the instructions in the thread about direct connecting and i still can't get onto the server. i've been waiting out the connection issue but it still hasn't been fixed so i'm still unable to get onto the servers, other than by doing it through minecraft.net, which lags like hell for me and it a lot harder to do my job with. keep me updated and let me know if this gets fixed, i'd like to get back to work but nothing i've tried has worked.

bren4q

Direct connect works for me. Are you getting your "mppass" code correctly? Its the main thing you need to find out. Give it another try. I will give you the first part of the URL. You just need to find your "mppass" as follows:

- Login on minecaft.net using web browser.
- Pick IS2 server from the list and let it load for you.
- Right-click the web page and View Source.
- Ctrl+F to find "mppass"
- Copy the long code in that's in quotes beside it (<param name="mppass" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">)

Paste that at the end of this URL:
mc://69.124.93.82:25567/NickNarwhal/

Once you have added your mppass code to the end of the above URL, that will be your Direct Connect URL for IS2.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

isclassic.dyn-o-saur.com is a better ip since that one gets updated when my ip decides to randomly change.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Mudman

What I used and it worked fine to get onto Insomniac 2 is

mc://isclassic.dyn-o-saur.com:25567/mudman11/e1e ****************************
                                                                                  (my mppass)
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...