Halloween Build Contest

Started by bren4q, October 14, 2012, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

Unless the credit is given to a sole person!  I don't think there is any problem with helping out.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Quote from: Juwayyid on October 19, 2012, 11:11:04 AM
Unless the credit is given to a sole person!  I don't think there is any problem with helping out.
There will be no helping out. This is a fair and even contest. Nobody should get an unfair advantage by getting help from someone else. Only those that build alone will be included in the judging.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Even if the help is with the redstone and not the actual build itself?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

I'd prefer not. I don't want to end with a situation if 1 person wins and others moan about them getting help, even if it was only a small amount. The fairest thing is just for everyone to do their own thing.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

True Bren, that is the safest bet.

However, at least from the retail perspective, all who have participated thus far know eachother pretty well and would have no problem with such a situation. 

And at least from my perspective, and most likely a few others as well, I'm not even in this contest striving for the prize.  I'm in it because it was something else to build, something to challenge my boredom.  That, and that I love Halloween and I love to build.  I'll be happy whether I win or lose because it was a fun time.

I haven't actually gotten any impressions of competition or competing either.  Everyone is sort of working off eachother and not really trying to top someone else build.  A lot of us are in this just because it's inspirational.

So all I'm trying to say is, ok, you make the rules and we will follow them.  I just don't see anyone getting upset over losing.  That's just how close of a community we've grown,

Kidd2000

Must it be on the specified servers or may we build our scandalous builds on SSP? 

bren4q

Quote from: Kidd2000 on October 20, 2012, 01:19:05 PM
Must it be on the specified servers or may we build our scandalous builds on SSP?
Yes, on IS servers.
Is there something you are missing from the servers that you need?
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Quote from: bren4q on October 20, 2012, 01:42:49 PM
Quote from: Kidd2000 on October 20, 2012, 01:19:05 PM
Yes, on IS servers.
Is there something you are missing from the servers that you need?
Y u no reply?
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Just under a week left... I hope you are all getting into the Halloween mood with those builds!
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Need inspiration?  See the film "Hotel Transylvania!"  It's not only a terrific film, but full of ideas to build for the buildoff! 

I really enjoyed the film btw.  The voice acting was amazing, and the film itself was very humorous and the animation was gorgeous!

bren4q

Just 2 days left!

The 1.4 update has kind of disrupted things.
Should I:
(a) update the contest server to 1.4 and run it without plugins (no worldedit, no commands, etc.)
(b) leave the contest server on 1.3 and let you guys downgrade to get on it

What do you reckon?
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Leave it 1.3.  That's my vote anyhow

pusur44017

yes leave it, there will be new blocks aswell which would be stressfull for people who completed their builds and now would want to update it with the new blocks

-pusur

Juwayyid

Do we need to submit photos of the builds or will they be judged from the server?

bren4q

You don't have to, I'll judge them in game. I am going to take screenshots and display them all anyway, so if you want to add your own you can go ahead.
Surplus to requirements