Let's make these servers popular again

Started by Kenyor, December 15, 2012, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenyoshi119

Quote from: thealex447 on December 16, 2012, 03:34:57 PM
Just put our retail servers on the various server listing websites, create a gridworld, and allow guests to claim a plot and build in gridworld.
no offense, but that seems like a terrible idea! Let's say the server becomes popular and that happens, a new guest would have to walk about 26 miles to claim a small piece of land (due to the rest of the land being claimed already) , and what about the guests that come and go? they would claim some land, leave, and never come back? That land would be wasted!

Quote from: Skitty on December 16, 2012, 03:15:03 PM
i like how you assume when i retire im gonna leave you with nothing.
I always assumed minecraft would've been forgotten by that time
If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

jwirth

well there is no "claimed" land on the creative server that I know of, I'm pretty sure you can build anywhere if you ask for consent of the owner of the build.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

thealex447

There are plugins designed for grid worlds. A simple command will teleport you to the next available plot in an instant.

@jwirth we could use a grid world to assess players' builds, and rank them to builders. The normal world will be builders+

greenyoshi119

Quote from: thealex447 on December 18, 2012, 07:04:21 PM
There are plugins designed for grid worlds. A simple command will teleport you to the next available plot in an instant.
Oh, well that makes it a lot easier ;) i just hate the servers that do that, and you have to wander for miles (well, not exactly miles, but you know what i mean) just so you can build/destroy blocks, and usually you cant even get materials for it, because people have used that land to cut down the trees and mine the resources. (although, i guess that wouldn't be too much of a problem on creative)
If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

jwirth

it sounds nice unless that is what we already have im not sure, probably should ask bren or darth about that one
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Kidd2000

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

pusur44017

Quote from: greenyoshi119 on December 18, 2012, 11:06:13 AM
Quote from: thealex447 on December 16, 2012, 03:34:57 PM
Just put our retail servers on the various server listing websites, create a gridworld, and allow guests to claim a plot and build in gridworld.
no offense, but that seems like a terrible idea! Let's say the server becomes popular and that happens, a new guest would have to walk about 26 miles to claim a small piece of land (due to the rest of the land being claimed already) , and what about the guests that come and go? they would claim some land, leave, and never come back? That land would be wasted!

This is where IBT comes in

-pusur

winner321

Pusur u stole those words right out of my mouth :)
Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

Kidd2000

Quote from: Juwayyid on December 19, 2012, 05:52:55 PM
What's in motion?

The things in motion. Gah Juw, you really need to understand whats up whats up.

Juwayyid

Kidd2000

Quote from: Juwayyid on December 19, 2012, 06:00:54 PM
Well whats up?

That's like saying whats up and expecting an answer that isn't what you wanted. Jeez Juw, you can understand the ball of knowledge and fate.

Juwayyid