Insomniac Server's Christmas Bash

Started by Ejay845, December 19, 2012, 07:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

It was the night before Christmas....and the Insomniacs had a party until 12am!

I'm thinking on Christmas Eve everyone- I mean everyone comes on the server at
around maybe 9pm to 12am, or 10pm to 12 am to celebrate Christmas!
Of course, the timing is based on Eastern Time US/Canada.
So here's what I plan. Its okay if you already have plans, but if you don't, come here and spread the word!
This will take place on IS1 since it is more fun for the Christmas time.

Times - Punctuality is always important!
9pm-10pm will be the decoration for the holiday map. I am supposing maybe a "Christmas" labeled map, or we can just make a section on the guest map in IS1. We'll build a snowy Christmas themed map and make it fun with real dance floors and disco balls!

10pm-11pm will be game time! We'll have a blast in the game maps of the server, and in the Christmas map. Any repairs that will be needed will be done when we're all finished! This will probably be the funnest part of the Christmas Bash!

11pm-11:59:45pm THE FINAL HOUR(A) we will either move to IS2 or stay at IS1 and do something we never did before. Have a Christmas build off, not too big, and then if there's time we'll play a bit of random games there like possibly hide and go seek in Christmas. Hide and go seek is funner in Minecraft no matter the age. At the end, we will join the Christmas place, and gather around in the central area for the last 15 seconds until Christmas.

11pm-11:50pm THE FINAL HOUR(B) if you would like to help with the last Christmas Bash, go ahead. We'll need 4 people. Whenever we finish we will join THE FINAL HOUR(A). But basically what I need is 2 people to calculate how many door greens will it take to make it complete a red circuit in a 10 seconds. In other words, how long does a door_green have to be in order for it to take up 10 seconds. This shouldn't take almost an hour, but we do need the time! So- We'll set up the big bash, the plans will be given to you in-game. When done we'll join them! The -11:50 is only the time limit.

12:00 AM CHRISTMAS DAY
Will be the end of the big Bash! We'll have a great time and all, it's gonna be boss. When it hits 12, the bash is officially over, and everyone can log off or go wherever if they please. The only word to describe this is the end. All I know is that I'll probably one of the last, or first to log off. 

I hope to see you all there! This will be a great Christmas Bash and it'll be really fun. For me, it'll make Christmas Eve a special. So invite your friends, invite your family, and lets all come out to Insomniac Classic 1 for a great jolly old time.

(During the Christmas Bash, all guest you've brought that plan to be attend will have their names recorded and will be temporarily made epic builder so the restrictions are taken off the fun planned.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Juwayyid

Hell, this sounds like a good time and I am free all night as my plane leaves the next day in the afternoon.  I would love to join in and I may even consider setting up a livestream or at least recording the festivities! 

Can't wait!  Hope you all can make it!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

NickyKim

This seems veeeeery fun indeed. A good way to make some people feel guilty for not coming onto Classic often. (Yeah, I hardly see some people on >:[ ) Also a fun, enjoyable thing at the Classic servers for a while, aside from the boring, empty silence I usually get everytime I take the effort to log on. So, great idea, Ejay, time to recelebrate the past glory of our cities too. XD
P.S. The whole importance on the "FINAL TIME" thing is kinda respondant to New Year's. Having a 00:00:00 hour count down on Christmas Eve's just kinda wierd for me... just a thing to consider. (we could save it for New Year's yk)
M.D. Kim, Nicky

Glenn

That indeed seems rather intresting, I'll try to get on if I don't fall asleep :P (It's from 3AM-6AM for me ._.), and if I get on, then I could also film it, also, it might be fun to get on teamspeak for this! :D
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Ejay845

Oh yeah! We could also all go on teamspeak during this too lol
[spoiler][/spoiler]

MarcusBoay

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Ejay845

[spoiler][/spoiler]

MarcusBoay

Quote from: Ejay845 on December 21, 2012, 03:22:28 PM
Quote from: MarcusBoay on December 21, 2012, 10:07:34 AM
Can you specify the GMT?

GMT?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time
For example, Malaysia is on GMT +8. So, to convert it, for example, you live in Greenwich which is on GMT + 0, you just have to add 8 hours on your current time.
Which will be like this:
Greenwich: 8:43 P.M (21st December)
Malaysia: 4:43 A.M (22nd December)

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

bren4q

Its a nice idea but I won't be able to participate for that long. Christmas Eve is family time so I will most likely only be available for an hour early in the day (5pm GMT) or late at night (2am GMT).
Surplus to requirements

Ejay845

Quote from: MarcusBoay on December 21, 2012, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: Ejay845 on December 21, 2012, 03:22:28 PM
Quote from: MarcusBoay on December 21, 2012, 10:07:34 AM
Can you specify the GMT?

GMT?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time
For example, Malaysia is on GMT +8. So, to convert it, for example, you live in Greenwich which is on GMT + 0, you just have to add 8 hours on your current time.
Which will be like this:
Greenwich: 8:43 P.M (21st December)
Malaysia: 4:43 A.M (22nd December)
I dont know where you live lol. I live in NY, south. So you do the math lol. Thats Eastern Time btw
[spoiler][/spoiler]

pusur44017

New york is GMT-6. Sigh you americans and your CET and all of that why not just use GMT?? and while your at it, use the SI system (meters and centimeters ect.)

-pusur

Ejay845

Quote from: pusur44017 on December 21, 2012, 06:58:42 PM
New york is GMT-6. Sigh you americans and your CET and all of that why not just use GMT?? and while your at it, use the SI system (meters and centimeters ect.)

-pusur
Because America is a rebel! Built by them, made by them, filled with them! Irrelevant because I plan to move to England :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ejay845

The Christmas bash is tomorrow! Spread the word! Last chance!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mudman

Don't be expecting me. Can't make it  :'(.
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

Ejay845

Quote from: Mudman on December 23, 2012, 07:42:53 PM
Don't be expecting me. Can't make it  :'(.

THE CHRISTMAS BASH IS TODAY :D T-MINUS 8 HOURS
[spoiler][/spoiler]