Ban Appeal

Started by Krawkyz, January 22, 2013, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krawkyz

Unable to access Ban Appeal section - put it in the Applications section.

1. What is your full Minecraft name?

Krawkyz
2. What happened? -> Give a brief explanation.
Banned from survival. Disruption is the reason given.
3. Why do you believe your ban is unfair?
Unsure of the reason behind the ban - everyone on survival has been doing this to each other.
4. Which admin actually banned you?
bren4q

bren4q

The reason is general disruption, being the cause of arguments and a bullying attitude towards one or two specific players.

Basically the exact opposite of what people were asked to do over a week ago:

For starters, the server is just opened. May I suggest you guys don't start taking things too seriously and going all out killing and griefing and stealing just yet. Give things time to settle and iron out any kinks, exploits, or whatever. Servers take an age to setup and configure so the chances of getting it absolutely right on day 1 is slim. Consider this a breaking-in stage. A beta test if you will. Feedback now will help improve it for when we (hopefully) start getting new players onboard.

As regular members of the group it would be far better if you could identify a flaw and point it out. Rather than just killing someone and saying "Too bad, its allowed" it would be better to not cause any unnecessary anger at this early stage and just make a note of what you could have done. That way any imbalance or unfairness can be addressed.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

Krawkyz

I would like to note from the same thread
Why are people wandering around and building in the PVP area if they are not prepared for a fight? There is a huge non-PVP area for people to use if they don't want to run the risk of getting griefed or killed. Either use that or take your chances in the PVP area.

Glenn

May I just note, that when you attack ppl who are in the PvP area, it would be fair enough to also go and live in the PvP area, instead of hiding in the non-PvP area after griefing or killing.

I also want to point out, that by continuing what you have done, you will scare everyone out of the PvP area, and this way the "PvP-part" will be gone for you as well.
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Krawkyz

Quote from: GlennvW2468 on January 22, 2013, 11:51:56 AM
May I just note, that when you attack ppl who are in the PvP area, it would be fair enough to also go and live in the PvP area, instead of hiding in the non-PvP area after griefing or killing.

I also want to point out, that by continuing what you have done, you will scare everyone out of the PvP area, and this way the "PvP-part" will be gone for you as well.
Why not have different maps then? It would completely separate non-PVP and PVP players, essentially what are you saying to do.

bren4q

Quote from: Krawkyz on January 22, 2013, 11:46:05 AM
I would like to note from the same thread
Why are people wandering around and building in the PVP area if they are not prepared for a fight? There is a huge non-PVP area for people to use if they don't want to run the risk of getting griefed or killed. Either use that or take your chances in the PVP area.
Correct. This is what would be normally expected of people once things get up and running. People should start getting used to the idea that PVP area is dangerous.

BUT, when 3 players continuously grief and loot the home of one player, day after day, during times when the economy has been reset more than once and they do not have the ability to protect their property, this is when people should show good judgement and hold off on taking advantage of the situation and pissing people off. Did you, kidd, and thrash play it safe? Did you fuck. Grief and raid all day every day. Some of you even set a home spawn right outside Glenns house so you can quickly teleport there for a spot of griefing as often as you like.

What should have been a nice gradual learning phase on to how to set up and run the server with lots of constructive feedback from all the players who have been a part of this community for almost 2 years, is instead just a flurry of griefing, arguing, complaining and underhanded game behaviour, all so that a handful of players like yourself can amuse yourselves.
Surplus to requirements

Krawkyz

So you're saying all the arguments, hateful accusations, and related behavior is caused by just us 3? There are certainly going to be arguments, and complaining, and underhanded game behavior in a place that is made solely for a combination between two different types of Minecraft survival. It's like combining two ethnic groups that hate each other. It was bound to happen.

I would like to unbanned on the fact that in any of these dealings we did were solely for the purpose of the game. I believed that we were allowed to grief under the circumstances that a person was outside the member zones.

Quote from: bren4q on January 22, 2013, 12:18:37 PM
Correct. This is what would be normally expected of people once things get up and running. People should start getting used to the idea that PVP area is dangerous.
People cannot get used to something that doesn't exist. If it wasn't dangerous, then it will never be dangerous. It started dangerous, ended dangerous. There are only two points, they lack an in-between.

BUT, when 3 players continuously grief and loot the home of one player, day after day, during times when the economy has been reset more than once and they do not have the ability to protect their property, this is when people should show good judgement and hold off on taking advantage of the situation and pissing people off. Did you kidd, and thrash play it safe? Did you fuck. Grief and raid all day every day. Set a home spawn right outside Glenns house so you can quickly teleport there for a spot of griefing as often as you like.
Griefing? Yes, I did grief Glenn's basement once.
Three players loot another? I have never heard of looting glenn's house, and I never did. I cannot speak on behalf of thrash and kidd, but I do not know what you talking about.
I never griefed any part of glenn's house before his protection was put in place.
I never set a home at glenn's house. My homes are our actual house, our end portal, and our ender-farm WIP.

What should have been a nice gradual learning phase on to how to set up and run the server with lots of constructive feedback from all the players who have been a part of this community for almost 2 years, is instead just a flurry of griefing, arguing, complaining and underhanded game behaviour all so that a handful of players like yourself can amuse yourselves.
"a handful of players" includes everyone, take out a few like Kepano. Glenn has killed and took stuff from Juw and Jay. Juw and Kenyor have killed and raided countless people. Alex and I griefed and raided haze's unprotected villages. Can you please explain to me what this "handful of players" is, before accusing just a few you believe to be the only guilt-holders?

And now for my constructive criticism.
I believe the survival server should NEVER in any circumstances combine PVP with non-PVP maps. They should be completely separate with different inventories for each. This includes the nether and the end. This would mean absolutely NO griefing in non-PVP, whereas PVP is "digital anarchy" with the exception of spawn.

bren4q

Quote from: Krawkyz on January 22, 2013, 12:32:51 PM
So you're saying all the arguments, hateful accusations, and related behavior is caused by just us 3?
Not just you 3, primarily you 3.

There are certainly going to be arguments, and complaining, and underhanded game behavior in a place that is made solely for a combination between two different types of Minecraft survival. It's like combining two ethnic groups that hate each other. It was bound to happen.
Bound to happen, but as previously posted, should not have started fully until the server was 100% ready.

And now for my constructive criticism.
I believe the survival server should NEVER in any circumstances combine PVP with non-PVP maps. They should be completely separate with different inventories for each. This includes the nether and the end. This would mean absolutely NO griefing in non-PVP, whereas PVP is "digital anarchy" with the exception of spawn.
You're late with this so-called constructive criticism. You could have given this feedback when the idea for the combined server was proposed over a month ago. It is all well and good saying it now after the various economy debacles and arguments.

I still think a combined server can be tweaked to get a good balance and offer something different than the hundreds of standard PVP servers already out there. But to get that balance we need feedback from you guys on how things are working or not working, and then the admins need time to make the adjustments. Instead we've had to run around cleaning up after the economy mess and then the griefing mess because protections were lost. So if your actions make you more of a liability than a help, you will not be allowed onto the server until it is ready.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Yes, there have been PVP incidents among several people, but usually isolated incidents. As I covered by saying "Not just you 3, primarily you 3." I have seen the evidence and admissions from all 3 of you and it is your names that keep coming up time and time again whenever the discussion goes to griefing and looting.

I am treating griefing/looting/killing as one and the same here. So when you ask about looting specifically, no, I dont mean looting for you personally. The evidence I have seen has been of looting by Thrash and griefing by you and kidd. So collectively the 3 of you griefed and looted.
I never said you personally set a home at Glenns house. Thrash did, so it wouldnt be a stretch to think that you would teleport yourself to Thrash from time to time. The three of you work as a group when you go on your raids so you can be treated as a group for the purpose of this discussion.

Who griefed haze's farm?

Edit: You deleted your last post as I replied to it, so it looks like a double post by me.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

I don't mean to interrupt kraw, but its not true that a handful of players have been up to these kind of activities.  Kenyor and I, as you stated previously, have not griefed or looted anybody.  The only time I ever used PVP was when I was at Glenn's house trying to fight Kidd and Thrash away after they failed to heed to my defensive words.

Glenn only looted me and killed Jaysers as he was trying to prove a point about protection stones.  A point that was poorly proved, but he stole little and was honestly just demonstrating. 

As the server is right now there has not been any problems amongst players EXCEPT for the feud between Glenn and Kidd/Thrash.  Aside from that we can all get along fine.

You 3 do fall back on the "It's ok, it's allowed" excuse and I have tried to explain to you that nobody hosts a server solely for greif.  What sense would that make?  You may be allowed to grief in the appropriate areas, but where lies the point in randomly going around and griefing when you know that it will sure as hell get other players upset and angry.  Where is the fun in that?  Why get other players to hate you?  Do you not think?  Do you not consider the player who you are attacking?  Like Bren said, we are all long time players.  We know eachother, so what makes you think it is appropriate or even right to act the way you 3 have?  It's just wrong.

You have argued against the reasons behind your ban instead of just acknowledge them.  Because you have failed to accept the reasoning you will remain banned for the time being.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

Quote from: Juwayyid on January 22, 2013, 01:20:04 PM
I don't mean to interrupt kraw, but its not true that a handful of players have been up to these kind of activities.  Kenyor and I, as you stated previously, have not griefed or looted anybody.  The only time I ever used PVP was when I was at Glenn's house trying to fight Kidd and Thrash away after they failed to heed to my defensive words.

Glenn only looted me and killed Jaysers as he was trying to prove a point about protection stones.  A point that was poorly proved, but he stole little and was honestly just demonstrating. 

As the server is right now there has not been any problems amongst players EXCEPT for the feud between Glenn and Kidd/Thrash.  Aside from that we can all get along fine.

You 3 do fall back on the "It's ok, it's allowed" excuse and I have tried to explain to you that nobody hosts a server solely for greif.  What sense would that make?  You may be allowed to grief in the appropriate areas, but where lies the point in randomly going around and griefing when you know that it will sure as hell get other players upset and angry.  Where is the fun in that?  Why get other players to hate you?  Do you not think?  Do you not consider the player who you are attacking?  Like Bren said, we are all long time players.  We know eachother, so what makes you think it is appropriate or even right to act the way you 3 have?  It's just wrong.

You have argued against the reasons behind your ban instead of just acknowledge them.  Because you have failed to accept the reasoning you will remain banned for the time being.
Sorry juwayyid, but you and Kenyor also have attacked myself and haze at his house beforehand. Glenn and Quimby have killed kidd, thrash, and I more than on one occassion. There has been more than 1 feud.

Of course I argue against the reasons of the ban, because I find them unjust. If I acknowledge them, it goes into the whole "I'm resigning" again, because if I say "you're correct bren" then that means I should, in fact, be banned forever due to the fact I broke the rules.

Bren, the reason I deleted my post was due to the fact I wanted less flaming. If I am not to be unbanned, do so as you wish.

Glenn

Just want to clarify this:

Quote from: Krawkyz on January 22, 2013, 01:26:34 PM
Glenn and Quimby have killed kidd, thrash, and I more than on one occassion.

Killed thrash, yes, for what he did, and for teleporting over with /home, right next to our house.

Killed kidd, same reason as thrash, see above.

Killed you, not in my knowledge, as of what I know, you were laughing very hard on teamspeak, and ran over to Emerald bay, while quimby chaced you.

By the way, none of you all, had things on you when you died, and if we're going up this way, kidd and thrash have killed me and duke repeatedly in the end, and we lost all our stuff because of this.
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

bren4q

Its not a permanent ban. Your actions were within the rules but were out of line considering the teething problems that the server is undergoing and with regards to my original request on the earlier survival topic.
Surplus to requirements

Kenyor

I HAVE AN OPINION AND I WISH TO ANGRILY EXPRESS IT!
EliteBuilder
I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner