how to make MC faster

Started by Reichtmueller, January 26, 2013, 02:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reichtmueller

Any tips?

Someone mentioned some program that dedicates all of your RAM to Minecraft, but I have no idea what that is or what it's called

I don't really care about classic either just retail, as my classic is already really fast
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Reichtmueller

Also, I swear that Multiplayer runs faster then singleplayer for some reason. ???

sifitis

Basically, thats because Multiplayer is run on a different machine, and yours only has to talk to it.  In singleplayer, your machine has to both run the world and play in it, so it takes a lot more to do.  My ol' comp is the same way.

Skitty

Single Player:
Computer must generate your seed for your world as well as process your player data:

Multi-player:
Server outside your machine generates the world as well as player data. all your machine needs to do is to decode it.

options to speed up single player. Get more ram. set up a 64bit os. Install 64bit java. emulate java with custom commands to utilize more then 1 gig of ram.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Reichtmueller

so you're saying if I host my own private server for only me off a old junk computer, and play from my own computer, it will be faster, yes?

also, i have 64 bit to both, and 4gb of ram. do i need more ram?

how do i emulate

Saracalia

If using Windows 7, switch the computer display to classic settings or just disable Minecraft running with visual themes.

Either that or do what Skitty says.

On my desktop, I have a few problems with Minecraft, but only crashes because of Java, and as for my laptop, it only crashes in Single Player when I do the cuboid too big.

Reichtmueller

Quote from: Endermantel on January 27, 2013, 12:42:47 PM
If using Windows 7, switch the computer display to classic settings or just disable Minecraft running with visual themes.

Either that or do what Skitty says.

On my desktop, I have a few problems with Minecraft, but only crashes because of Java, and as for my laptop, it only crashes in Single Player when I do the cuboid too big.

can you briefly explain how to do the second part of the first line you put

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Reichtmueller

Quote from: darthjahona on January 27, 2013, 01:31:45 PM
Have you tried optifine?

yes but i'm not really sure what to do with it.

Kenyor

Reicht, just turn down the settings. Things like transparency in textures take a long time to render (especially considering MC uses Java), so try changing all possible graphics/quality/animation settings way down. If you hover over the option it will usually tell you which settings run fastest. Also something I was having an issue with was render distance - set it to normal or slightly over: you won't believe the difference it makes.
EliteBuilder
I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Skitty

fun fact #5204
the more powerful the computer the less lag and graphic issues you have.
Personal experience: i am capable of running 10 wom clients and 4 minecraft clients and i still have no lag or latency issues.

greenyoshi119

Quote from: Skitty on January 27, 2013, 03:47:19 PM
fun fact #5204
the more powerful the computer the less lag and graphic issues you have.
Personal experience: i am capable of running 10 wom clients and 4 minecraft clients and i still have no lag or latency issues.
Personal experience: I am capable of running 1 (2 if i have nothing else open) WoM clients, and 1 multiplayer minecraft client (and 1 singleplayer minecraft client--but it's pretty laggy)
32-bit; windows 7, 2GB RAM, single core 2.2 GHz processor (i think it's pentium 3), and ATI Radeon 3100 graphics.
If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

Jaysers

personal fact: I am capable of getting on Minecraft. 'Nuff said.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Skitty

32 bit windows is a lobotomized version of windows. i would recommend upgrading to win7 64bit. and utilize at least 6-8 gigs of ram. that will boost your performance as well as give you more ability to do things. also if you are on a pc. look at getting a dedicated GPU to remove strain on the system. even with a single core. these things can improve performance of the machine.

And comparing specs to a personal experience i have. is a bad idea:

Reichtmueller

lol, here's a picture of my specs.

is this decent?

I have no idea what I'm looking at, I'm not in the littlest computer saavy as you can probably tell..

BTW this computer was free so yeah.