Problem with the Survival Server? Post Here!

Started by sifitis, March 08, 2013, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

Introduction
Hello, fellow players of the Insomniac Retail Survival Server!  If you are like me, then you thoroughly enjoy the server and all that it has to offer.  You are provided with a fun and semi-social experience in a stable and well-run environment.  The Moderators and various Administrators of Insomniac are busy keeping it this way, and therefore have asked that any bugs, problems, and relevant issues on the servers be reported to them in a timely manner.  So, to help organize the reporting, I would like to request that any issues be posted here, as opposed to generating large numbers of threads for individual problems.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Format
To help expedite the process, it would be appreciated if you used the following format, or one similar to report.
Description of Problem:....
Why you believe it needs fixed:....
Other relevant information:....

Things that You Should Report

• Duplication bugs
  • Protection Problems
  • Compromises in Server Security

Things that You Should NOT Report
  • Grief in unprotected areas
  • Looting in unprotected areas
  • Complaints about other people
  • Things that you think should be changed (There are other threads for that)

Known Issues

• Using the parachute plugin from tall buildings can be dangerous.  If your chicken disapears before you touch the ground, you WILL be killed.  This applies for almost any height, even if it disappears inches from the ground.  This is a plugin error, not a server one.  We, therefore, cannot fix it.  Glide at your own risk.

Thank you for helping to make ours a better community!

sifitis

HEY! look at this convenient and handy thread where I can post my problems and/or errors from the survival server!  Thank you Author!

Anyway, I figured I would start things out, here.

Description of Problem:  It seems that the spawn-zone no longer allows regular players to activate redstone devices anymore.  This means that levers, buttons, pressure plates, and tripwires are non functioning.

Why I believe this needs fixed:  New players are informed of vital server information via command blocks, which are activated by tripwires.  Since they cannot be activated, however, the information cannot reach said player.  Also, doors that rely on pressure plates do not work, as well as the stargates to the 4 cities.

Other relevant information:  n/a

Thanks,
     Sif

Butlerbandit

There seems to have been a minor bug with LWC when the survival server updated to 1.7.9.

If a person locked a chest  or door and then added another player to the chest/door's permissions, players who were added to the permissions before the 1.7.9 update are no longer able to access the chests, despite still being listed as having permissions for the chests/doors.

I don't know if it is possible to fix this bug server side, but it is certainly possible for the original chest owner to simply re-add players to the chest/door permissions.
Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

This is an issue with the UUID system and not specifically LWC.  Players are going to need to be re added.  I will also make sure LWC is on the bleading edge build.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!