What I did this weekend

Started by Jahona, April 25, 2013, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Videos from the post apocalyptic simulation I attended.
Overview Video

http://youtu.be/eXMAO3L2VgQ
http://youtu.be/gDB-haAOunU
http://youtu.be/xBw8ed1UQbw
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

whyitell

That looks very fun I've always wonderd though do the airsoft bullets (I think there called bbs) hurt or bruise? I've been paintballing but that didn't really hurt. Anyway did you enjoy your self?

[/url]

Butlerbandit

Looks pretty sweet. Were any of those videos made by you or your team, or were they by milsim group responsible for the event?
Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

@whyitell They bruise.  A lot of times if they hit open skin, since it's a smaller round than paintball, it can crack the skin and cause bleeding.

@Butler I didn't make this particular video but it's my team.  We have 5 contour action cameras we use to gather footage.  One of the guys had a laptop with him and he got the footage dumps ahead of time and decided to edit.  I'm waiting for a few more videos that should have some funny scenes in them.

There was a lot more to this game than just the action scenes, but action plays better on camera.  The rules were in depth and it had a bit of roleplay into it that most airsoft games don't include.

This event had about 150 players to it.  We expected more but a rival game producer had a game on the same weekend as ours and split the attendance.

Now can you guess which one is me?  There's a very clear shot of me somewhere in there.
First one to get me a timecode for the first video gets $500 on survival.  =)
I'm talking video of me not video from my camera.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Quote from: darthjahona on April 25, 2013, 05:16:51 PM
Now can you guess which one is me?  There's a very clear shot of me somewhere in there.
2:49
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

winner321

i never understood how you could tell when someone is dead seems very easy to cheat in.
Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

Juwayyid

Part of the fun is playing fair.  Like role playing in a way.  But in the end, if you do go on after being hit, whats the harm?  I don't think anyone is playing to win.  It's the overall experience that's the fun part!  (Not much fun laying in the dirt face first dead!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

It's all about that friendly sportsmanship. Unless it's obvious that you've been pegged about 300 times within 4 seconds.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jahona

if your caught cheating your evicted from the field after a warning.  If you come back and we still have an issue your banned from most fields in the south central states that follow a black list.

airsoft is a game of honor.  You may not have physical markings like paintball but when you see someone doing the funky dance as they get shot you know.

pusur44017

Quote from: bren4q on April 25, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
2:49

HAH! thats what I though when I saw the vid...BTW, what music is in it?

-pusur

Jahona

Quote from: pusur44017 on April 27, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

HAH! thats what I though when I saw the vid...BTW, what music is in it?

-pusur

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

thealex447

@whyitell They bruise.  A lot of times if they hit open skin, since it's a smaller round than paintball, it can crack the skin and cause bleeding.

The BBs break skin? What FPS and BB mass are you guys using?

Jahona

300 - 400 for Most AEGs (Rifles and Support Weapons) with a 20 foot minimum engagement distance.
400 - 500 DMR and Sniper Rifles 100 foot minimum engagement distance.
350 and below for Pistols and Shotguns. No M.E.D.

CQB is all 350 and under for all guns.

As for weight usually .25 grams to .32 grams. You'll see the DMR and Sniper guys usually use as high as .4 grams.

Usually we cap at about 1 joule no mater what the weight bb and the FPS of the gun.