PLEASE HELP ME

Started by cody5555, June 01, 2013, 01:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

we CANNOT respawn you. once you are dead you have to respawn.

and even if we could we would have to make an exception and do this for everybody who dies and doesnt want to loose things.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

He is asking to have his position reset.  He is probably burning in lava or something. 

Unfortunately Cody, death gets the best of us.  There is nothing any of us can really do.  I wouldn't mind an admins assistance being given in this situation, however I see others complaining about it, so I don't think you will be helped.

The only thing you can do now is embrace death and work to get back in your feet.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Emperor_Quimby

I don't have much stuff, but I can try to help you. All I can do is give you tools, food and a place to stay.

bren4q

This is the same thing as before:
http://www.insomniacservers.com/index.php/topic,1412.msg14196.html#msg14196

We can't keep bailing you out of your mistakes. People die and lose stuff all the time. If you are so afraid of losing precious items, don't carry them around with you.

As for helping you out this one last time, to reset your position while you are offline we need to delete your .dat file. Doing this will also remove all your items, which you don't want.

The only way that I can think anyone can help you is if you come online at a time when an admin is present and they can instantly teleport you or give you god mode as soon as you join. But the chances of you joining when an admin is ready and waiting is slim. You would have to let them know first, perhaps use the live map to see if Darthjahona is online and let him know you are about to join.

So ya see, it's not that straight forward.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Ok, I've gone to the trouble of researching ways to reset someone's position without losing all their items and XP and stuff. I downloaded a tool called NBTExplorer and edited the coordinates of your player so that you should be back at spawn while keeping all your stuff.

Login and give it a try. If it doesn't work don't panic - I made a backup copy of your player data so we can at least put you back in the hole and try to teleport you out.

Let me know if it works because it would be useful to know.
Surplus to requirements

cody5555

ok im gana check it right now and im sorry that this happend zories put me in a hole and pistolns crushed me and i was gana lose my only things and sad

cody5555

happy days oh happy days it worked!

Krawkyz

Now we're out the stuff. I want compensation. -zories

Skitty

Quote from: Krawkyz on June 08, 2013, 12:17:05 AM
Now we're out the stuff. I want compensation. -zories
as i said. if we bend the rules for one we must bend for all.
compensation for other players might be a choice for me since cody walked into a trap of another player and died. he didnt want to loose his items so he started to complain. this is why i did not want him ressed because other players are now complaining that this action was unfair. He fell into zories trap he wasnt raided. he didnt want to loose his items. it eludes me why he was resed because this is an unfair thing for other players and if we are going to do this for one player. then the rest should get the same treatment.

bren4q

I doubt cody had anything worth much. Probably worth a lot to cody, but hardly worth anything to a high-roller like Zories. So if its a decision between a kid getting frustrated and not playing any more or an experienced wealthy player not getting a few more basic tools and armor, I think it's nicer to make the exception and help the kid out. We don't need to bend the rules for all. We use our discretion.

Cody, the next time you fall or die or get stuck or trapped or hurt - you will not be rescued. Face your death and take it like a champ. And be more careful in future about traps and what you bring around with you.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

And so... Peace has arrived once again to the Lands of Insomnia. Bren, with his hammah of justice, flies through the map with a sense of accomplished success, until he reaches his place of solitude and peace: The local dwarven tavern. There, he drinks with sluggish sense of pride, either brought from his recent actions of justice, or the intoxication. While considering which of the two, he shrugs apathetically, drinks from his tankard, and awaits for the next cry of compla- er.. Injustice.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Skitty

i dont even know why i bother anymore. do as you wish from now on. retail is not and will not be my domain. i have no interest in managing creative let alone creative and will never have that interest. i keep to myself in hosting creative, teamspeak and managing classic.

Dupple

Greetings, from a foreign land! I did not think such silliness would escalate so dramatically, and I apologize in advance.
To clarify, he was not tricked(in my opinion) into the trap. He came by for cookies, chest still locked due to PS flag, I explained to him the staircase(open at the time) and told him that is the way down, as it is. I tp'ed home and was coming around the back (since it is a one-way door), but he had already mashed buttons he was not supposed to, sending him to his doom into the trap set for nosy children. I would not have been against returning his items had he died, but he decided to log out as he was dying (combat log style) and did not return for the following series of days before my departure. So he would not have recieved his stuff till 2 months from then, I suppose this was a rather smart way to handle things, but a tad silly in the long run(from my perspective). There will be a time in the future without a doubt where he or another player does jump into lava or otherwise lose his own things on account of his own fault, and demand to get his stuff back. I'm not arguing the decision that was made or asking for compensation or not, just stating my thoughts.

I would like to correct you Bren that I in fact am not a "high-roller" and actually dont have much to my name, in-fact the trapped player might have even had more cumulutive wealth than I have presently.

I would also like to apologize for any grammar, spelling, or coherence issues with anything I have stated above, but I am writing this in a hurry since wi-fi is as scarce as water in a desert over here, and I am still pretty exhausted from the long day.

P.S. I did not mean to resurrect this old thread, but I felt like giving my 2 cents on it, seeing as the issue was related to me, thank you for everyone's feedback on this issue.
P.S.S. To those who it pertains, Get to work on finishing the castle, I expect it done by my return, kindly.

bren4q

*shrugs apathetically*
I didn't realise that my actions would negatively impact someone else's gaming experience. Rather than let someone die for nothing (and possibly lose interest in the server) I figured I would throw them a lifeline, for one last time. I thought the trap was simply a thing to kill hapless noobs with no material gain.

If saving him means that someone else loses out well then my apologies, I did not fully understand the situation or the purpose of the trap. I will take corrective action tomorrow and remove cody's items and transfer them to Zories' inventory or one of his chests.

Things must be pretty quiet if this is the kind of thing that excites people into a fury of indignant postings. Heaven forbid something genuinely bad should ever happen.
Surplus to requirements