IS Homepage - What should be on the front?

Started by Ejay845, November 29, 2011, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

Well it's either something is wrong with my internet, or the homepage has nothing on it! Besides the small stuff, but I think we should have a IS shout box there. For alot of reasons actually, and I dare to tell half of them:
1. Well if there is an emergency or a major problem atm yes you could make a topic, but unless your lucky no one will read it RIGHT away unless you make the title important. Plus it would be easier with a shout box
2. Its good way to comunicate than just continue to post on a topic and make it even longer (1, 2, 3 pages etc) this may not be a problem, but I just think it isn't THAT ok
-wait , listen up(quick note) - : these may not be legetimate reasons but we should have something on the front
Idea2: Maybe the new things happening on the server (contest wins, minecraft updates, news/happenings, problems, etc)
Idea3: Maybe, just maybe like on the bottom a funny/any MC video and above it ^ (arrow points to idea 2)
Idea4: Or we could just put like a Indomniac Logo or now, untill the contest is finished, then we replace it with the win
Idea5: <--- was actually a test to see if changing color name would work :P but anyway - or we could just have nothing if it cost money / cost too much

Or YOU DECIDE - But its not my choice if your decision/vote counts for anything, its the kings of the server. and their lords (lords = TA - Kings = UperOps)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skitty

this belongs in the feedback area.
moved it for ya.

also we have all those things... i think your internet is broken

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Ejay845

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jahona

Actually the home page doesn't show anything for me as well.
With Firefox 4.0.1 and 8.0.1
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Skitty

Ejay845

for me all it has is a insomniacServers and its a link (red)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skitty

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Ejay845

Sure thing! My Imgur doesn't really "work" or me so I'll just make a jing thing of it (jing is one of the many techsmith softwares. It screen captures and records, I abandoned it a little after it was left on my old cpu which now suffers from a non-working battery charger and no juice in it. Also with very vital info, but lets not get into that ;)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ejay845

Well yeah its exactly like darth's pic. Exactly
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jahona

Quote from: Ejay845 on November 29, 2011, 11:11:00 PM
Well yeah its exactly like darth's pic. Exactly

.... Really yours says Hello Darthjahona with the bring the rain graphic too!  Man I thought I was part of the 1%  guess not.

Skitty

was it working before?
also i changed the permissions around. try it now.

Jahona

It did when you first brought the new forum scheme up.  Everyday after that things just started to go missing.  I had the forum admin/mod list bar on the right side for a while now thats gone.  This is on multiple computers that I use and at different ISP locations.

Skitty

i think somebody was playing with the permissions. wasnt me. anyways try it now.

Jahona