Sky's Introduction

Started by Sky, November 04, 2013, 08:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Please try to refrain from discussion.

My name is Matt. I am 20 yrs. old. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I will, and deliberately, NOT ellaborate too much information about myself for a various reasons.

As a loyal member, I affirm to:
- Use common sense (Precise and specific sentences, listening, etc.)
- Build a peaceful economy (Avoid fights like I antagonized a bear in the wilderness by throwing a pebble at him)
- Resolve situations, whether it is moderate or severe
- Communicate with the members
- (Maybe) Establish codes of conduct to maintain control over the server
- Dedicate to the server and its events

Juwayyid

Well hello there Sky!  Pleasure to meet you.  I'm Juwayyid, a very active member in the community.  It's great to see your interest in us and I hope you decide to stick around a long time.

Very nice introduction!  You are very organized and formal.  Are you going to be playing on any of our minecraft servers or are you here for different games?  You sure seem like you could be a big help.

Hope to hear a response from you soon!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

please refrain from bumping old threads. all issues such as bans are resolved by staff. please do not take it upon yourself to take matter into your hands.

and welcome to the servers.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Jahona

Welcome to the server.  Again as stated please don't necro bump old posts.  It causes any new posts to possibly get overlooked.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Butlerbandit

Perhaps you should be made aware of our primary rule for all things Insomniac:
Held Together by Duct Tape

Skitty

Quote from: Juwayyid
Hello Sky!
I noticed you have joined our forums today and are now accessing very old threads to comment on. Although the help is appreciated, such old posts do not need revisiting. Feel free to assist in more recent conversations however.
Thanks Sky, and I hope to get to know yah real soon!
Quote from: Sky
"I am accessing very old topics. However, I am commenting on recent topics, and they do need revisiting when they are still active and is a conflict/situation that needs to be resolved. Now, if you will excuse me, I will proclame my love to the server to the public temporarily, possibly to an extreme extent. c:

yeah helpful. you where asked to stop by juwayy first who reported this to me after you gave him this response. GG at disrespecting the nicest staff member who will go out of his way for all players. i dont even know where to start now. i mean you are an oxymoron. you claim you want to help but you clogged things up temporarily and you already annoyed staff. you want to help but you are helping nothing other then trying to inflate a nonexistent ego that or increase your post count. you managed to annoy me which is nothing special i mean saying hello can do that to me on some days.

but what really got me is your behavior. acting like you are in the right both to me and juwayy. and last i checked you didn't write the rules the founders of the server system did, myself is included. so lets take apart your post from the thread i had to lock out of your sheer laziness for not looking at postdates

here we go.

Quote from: Sky on November 05, 2013, 12:29:35 AM

And? YOU decided to host the server. You know that this requires much dedication and responsibility. I will not ellaborate further information about the main concepts/aspects of a server.

Try to understand that I am retaining a sense of equanimity.

I didnt decide to. Nobody wanted to host so i stood up to the plate and did it. get your facts straight. i host and pay bills i dont run it i make sure it has a place to run. the running i leave that to darth and juway and the rest of the staff as i said. i pay the bills and host its home.

What I strive for:
- Participation (In other words, involvement)
- Peace (Refraining from bumping old threads with input which you do not appreciate and approve of and strongly decline)
- Communication (Including conflicts)

cool beans so necro-posting (which none of us like) things over a year old is helping to keep things rolling and participating in topics that are old and technically closed. yeah helping with participation on related topics. pissing off the staff is promoting peace. communication you got me there i suck at english.

These are idiosyncratic (A characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual) parts of my personality. You are basically trying to change my 3 particular characteristics.
i really dont care to be honest. your three "traits" are bring back old topics that are resolved and closed technically. i didnt feel the need to have the forums autolock topics but i guess you proved me wrong now didnt you.

And I am sorry. Did I KNOW that you resolved the situation privately? My knowledge is not too superior that I could read your mind.
look at the post date. seriously look at it. its over a year old. things get solved here as soon as they are put in even if there is no final post. we tend to take things privately to respect the privacy of our players. stop clogging the forums with as we say necro post. threads/post that are well over a year old. we are a small community bringing the dead back to life clogs up our some what smoothly running machine.

This spontaneously turned into a ferocious argument. It was NOT anticipated. Well, atleast you are nothing worse than a constipated British king like my friend.

P.S. Please understand that I am NOT arguing to divert attention.

thank you. you should also realize i just make sure the bills are paid on time so we dont have any down time. you should also realize that i get annoyed after having to repeat myself in 3 different threads about the same thing. and you should also realize that this is how i am. dont like it tough titties. i also tend to jump on throats first and ask questions later. again dont like it tough titties. im more then welcoming to new members, unless i have to repeat myself like a fuckwit.
stop being egotistical and come off your high horse. you are new you cannot go around telling the people who run the servers how to run it and that we should let you do your thing because you are some "holier than thou" pissy kid. you are new. you do not know how things are run here. if you want to be proactive you would have introduced yourself nicely instead of telling juwayy to technically fuck off and let me do what i want and ignoring my warning when we both asked you NICELY to stop. but no. so knock it off. sit the fuck down. shut up and let us run things normally. you want to be a help? sign onto teamspeak. engage in playing on our servers and with us and have a fucking wonderful time. SIMPLE.

p.s dont like it tough titties you can leave. i dont give a fuck.

Dragon

Quote from: Skitty on November 05, 2013, 02:02:52 AM
Hello Sky!
I noticed you have joined our forums today and are now accessing very old threads to comment on. Although the help is appreciated, such old posts do not need revisiting. Feel free to assist in more recent conversations however.
"I am accessing very old topics. However, I am commenting on recent topics, and they do need revisiting when they are still active and is a conflict/situation that needs to be resolved. Now, if you will excuse me, I will proclame my love to the server to the public temporarily, possibly to an extreme extent. c:

None of the old threads you have accessed need revisiting, for they are no longer active and were resolved privately
already.

PLEASE refrain from bumping old threads
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Sky

Quote from: Dragon on November 05, 2013, 10:37:28 AM
Quote from: Skitty on November 05, 2013, 02:02:52 AM
Hello Sky!

None of the old threads you have accessed need revisiting, for they are no longer active and were resolved privately
already.

PLEASE refrain from bumping old threads

how was I supposed to know that?

Skitty

interesting how two different people quote the same exact thing. if you are trying to do like what you did on youtube well it doesn't work here.
and you should know you where ASKED after the first time to stop yet you continued. now you are trying to revoke your argument realizing that you are actually at fault here. i shouldn't have to create programs that auto-lock threads that are older then 3 months it should be intuition and forum etiquette that you as a new user/guest of our forums should have taken into consideration. even our youngest members know not to do this and they are 9. you are 20 years old start acting like it. i shouldn't have to tell you every little thing. if this was college i would be giving you an F or D-

Sky

Quote from: Skitty on November 06, 2013, 12:27:30 AM
interesting how two different people quote the same exact thing. if you are trying to do like what you did on youtube well it doesn't work here.
and you should know you where ASKED after the first time to stop yet you continued. now you are trying to revoke your argument realizing that you are actually at fault here. i shouldn't have to create programs that auto-lock threads that are older then 3 months it should be intuition and forum etiquette that you as a new user/guest of our forums should have taken into consideration. even our youngest members know not to do this and they are 9. you are 20 years old start acting like it. i shouldn't have to tell you every little thing. if this was college i would be giving you an F or D-

Members under the age of 13 don't comment on old topics because they don't find interest in doing so.

Dragon

Quote from: Sky on November 06, 2013, 06:56:10 PM

Members under the age of 13 don't comment on old topics because they don't find interest in doing so.

Don't get into the habit of being self-righteous. And don't be sluggish about practicing the automated identification devices, such as the facial recognition systems. It has great employment prospects, very stable, and we move in a sedate pace. You check on the website on a daily basis. This is a bad influence and will negatively impact your grades. You need to eliminate elementary, middle, and high school skills. Etiquette and intuition can identify your jntelligence. You were a former straight A student.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Skitty

would you stop double posting as two different people its getting old fast.
it appears as you try to tag team me when all you are doing is being bad at RPing.
firstly shows you what you know many of our younger members contribute actively to the forums both in teamspeak, posting on forums when ideas are being thrown around and in the servers. again research. next time you decide to copy paste from wiki dont forget to cite where you got it from. ive seen a master thesis paper get thrown out because they forgot to cite a few paragraphs.

secondly you did break rules matt. and if i can see by your l.a. profile you like to pretend to be 2 people. so you can seem like you are tag teaming when all you are doing is switching accounts. because neither two accounts are on at the same time. i would have to be a fool not to put two and two together ive been administrating forums for far to long and i have seen people like you try to pull the same thing. I wasnt called the guardian of modding for nothing.

FUN FACT. when you graduate with a masters and you spend your days working. you really don't have to worry about your grades anymore. you just gotta make sure you wake up at the time you are supposed to so you dont get stuck in rush hour traffic.

Sky

Quote from: Dragon on November 06, 2013, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: Sky on November 06, 2013, 06:56:10 PM

Don't get into the habit of being self-righteous. And don't be sluggish about practicing the automated identification devices, such as the facial recognition systems. It has great employment prospects, very stable, and we move in a sedate pace. You check on the website on a daily basis. This is a bad influence and will negatively impact your grades. You need to eliminate elementary, middle, and high school skills. Etiquette and intuition can identify your jntelligence. You were a former straight A student.

Okay... I'll admit that I just like arguing. This is why I cause problems.

Jahona

Locking topics.  I'm calling this charade of yours over.  I've given you time to straighten up your act but I don't see improvement.  I will have to remove you from our community.  Other admins have asked me why you haven't been banned yet and I have been waiting to see if you are here to troll or to join our community.  I see you have your own self interests and as such are not fitting in here.  Our paths in life part here.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!