Creative

Started by Skitty, January 30, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

Servers are back online :)

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Skitty

i now sleep

when i wake up i will write a more detailed summary explaining what happened.

Skitty

alright im awake now.
so heres what happened
at 3:47am all 3 server programs running on IS1 shut down at the same time. now normally if that happens its cause the server crashed however in this case no. according to the event logs somebody remoted or sent a command to the server in at that time using a backdoor. I began looking into how they did it and found a backdoor trojan onto the system and cleaned it out. While the server was down i decided to move some things around and aleviate the IO times on the main drive. however i found some more wierd logs i didnt like. At this time i thought it would be best to just reformat and start a new since the last time that was done was when the server was created. I also took that time to add an ssd and a better video card. However after installing and getting it up and running i ran into some issues with the power cables. after resolving that issue i was able to install a new os and being the process of setting up the servers.
the whole process took 3 days. again sorry for the downtime. servers are online and we are running at peak performance.