Creative

Started by Skitty, January 30, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

IS1 aka creative is currently down for maint. Around 3:48 all servers where shut down. I am currently investigating why the services went down. Currently the system is being scanned and im evaluating what steps i will have to take.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

Thanks for keeping us updated and thanks for taking the time to find the issue.  Any ideas what it may have been?  Good luck as well!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

something or someone closed the servers.

Skitty

Status update.
I found something i didnt like on the server so i removed them. I am in the middle of backing up classic's SQL since i will be changing the Harddrive that its using so it is to reduce I/O times on the main server drive. unfortunately thats where the time exist since it is a 4k table that is so far  gigs big. im letting the backup continue i will continue working on getting the server back online when i am in the office..

Skitty

is1 classic server backup completed the sql file size is 5.8 gigs.

Skitty

I am currently moving the sql program and files to the other drive.

Skitty

i should have the server online in the afternoon.
in the meantime to make up for the downtime

Skitty

bad news everybody
after much screwing around and trying to clean up and update stuff i realized it would be better if IS1 was wiped clean and reinstalled.

what does this mean?
for you nothing. for me a clean slate to work with. no old data or programs no 15 sql databases. since the only mysql db that is utilized is for is1 i can clean and start from where it left off. that means no random things. what this also means is that many of the back-end errors for software that would bog the machine down will be removed.

the last time this was done was 2 years ago so its long overdue but since i backed everything up im not to worried. I will have to back up a few other things. But at the rate i work it shouldn't be to long. however i will not be able to get started on this till i get home from work. i will run backups of everything that needs to be backed up. I will also be skipping lunch today so i will be slight agitated upon my arrival. Rest assure its due to low blood sugar not anything you guys have done.  Sorry for the inconvenience. I will keep you posted while i work through this issue.

that being said Juway please contact me on skype ASAP i need to discuss something with you

Skitty

I backed up all needed configuration files and programs that i need to back up.
Classic SQL is fully backed up. i also purchased and ssd so we will be back up quicker then expected

sifitis

Awesome! Thank you for all the work you put into these servers, Skitty.

Juwayyid

These updates have been very informative.  I'm glad you can keep us up to date and involved in this way.  If its bit a bother, was the source of the crash ever discovered?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
This is how creative looks now
nice and clean. im in the process of installing the new os.

Juwayyid

Skitty

i did some fancy things.

Skitty

Server is online. in the process of setting up the sql and programs. outside that everything is running at peak performance.
I still need to configure the D drive to be the new main drive for the servers
since it is 5am im going to try and get everything set up before i sleep so darth can come in and verify all checks out. if he gives it the ok then all 3 servers will be online.

also Sachiel is back online