Let's talk Pokemon!

Started by Juwayyid, March 01, 2014, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

In order to help write certain situations in the upcoming Pixelmon series we are developing, I'm going to toss out questions or scenarios from time to time, and let everyone else help out by giving their input on said question or scenario!

An easy example would be a simple question like this:

What is your favorite Pokemon?

All you would have to do is reply! - Pidgey!  (of course, that would be nobody's reply...)

So for the first question:

What would be the worst pokemon to start your adventure with?  What would be the best?  (These do not have to be official game "starters."  They can be any pokemon, even legendary.  ((Well, none of that X and Y mega stuff either)))
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

MrFantasticalism

It's hard to say what pokemon would be the worst since many pokemon aren't able to hold their own if they don't have the support of the starter (I'm looking at you Metapod and Magikarp). I think it would be more fair to state which starters are the best and worst. The worst starter would have to be Charmander. Most players use charmander as a normal offensive and non-based sp atk pokemon. But Charmanders stats in general show that he is better suited for special attacks at a fast rate since of his high speed, high special attack and lower hp. If he was used for special attacking then that would be different. I think the best starter would have to be snivy since his high speed and over all decent stats let the player decide what moves are best suited for it. (Honorable mentions to Oshawott, Turtwig, Chimchar and good old Mudkip).
NO TEARS NOW, ONLY DREAMS!!

thealex447

I agree with MrFantasticalism. Charizard is the worst. Yes, I know what you are thinking, he is the coolest, which is why I picked him, but there are very few opponents with grass Pokemon. You basically get shat on by water throughout the whole game (I played Fire Red). Sure, there are other pokemon that are worse than Charizard, but you only get 1 starter. He basically wastes the spot that could have been your most powerful pokemon.

Jaysers

I'm sorry, were you talking about Charizard?
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

haze_storm15

Sorry to say this but all the starter pokemon in all the shows have potential it just depends on the trainer. In general starting with a weedle or a caterpie are really bad starter pokemon because there base attacks are only defensive

But the base starters can be amazing depending on your game play of it. For me I love fire and water type just depends on the starter for me if we talking about x and y its frokie all the way i dislike the other starters so much.

If you have any questions on pokemon for the server juwayyid talk to me on teamspeak or glen,vixiy, and skitty are good people to talk to pokemon about as well

Juwayyid

Thanks Haze.  I'd rather discuss it here though so everyone can give input.  I'm asking questions for a series we are going to make and I was trying to see what might be a silly starter or a really cool starter.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

Hahahaha okay if you want to do this, worst pokemon to start out with is Sunkern. Lowest stats of any pokemon. Best would be Deoxys since it has the highest stats, that's if you want to get into the technical aspects of it.

Personally, I loved Snivy.

Personally, I dislike any of the small worms (i.e. Wurmple, Caterpie, Weedle)

MrFantasticalism

I think it's really easy to say which pokemon would be best for starting if you include legendaries since they would kinda just sweep a lot of things. I just want to point out that a really beautiful and amazing pokemon would be Eelektross since it stands to be the only evolution line without a weakness. Oh and it's immune to ground. So perfect.
NO TEARS NOW, ONLY DREAMS!!

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

kesteve

I agree with the previous discussion of such Pokemon like Caterpie and Weedle, but will take a somewhat different approach.

For me, the worst Pokemon to start out with is the Pokemon which you yourself cannot understand/use their potential. Each trainer uses a variety of ways to win, mine is sheer force (which I'd guess may be the most common). For me, the reason a Pokemon such as Caterpie or Weedle is difficult to use, is their weakness and required use of tactics. Tactics work, but sheer power takes less time to win battles, and levels your Pokemon up faster. The worst Pokemon to start with may include:

*  Different strategy for winning than the trainer's preference (using Caterpie trying the sheer force approach)
*  Required experience till they can do anything (Magicarp is useless till level 20)
*  Weakness in stats (may be less important due to whether you like the Pokemon or not)
*  Have a quick growth period, but not useful at higher levels (this for early versions of the game( red, gold))
*  Lack of speed (this is most important for me as I try for the one shot kills before the other can attack)

For me, Pidgey is actually my first pick as a starter. It doesn't have to do with stats as much as it is my love of bird Pokemon.

In conclusion, find your style, and choose the appropriate companion. Otherwise the game may be difficult for you.   :)
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

gtracebike1

Zoroark. Dark type Pokemon are my favorite, its stats aren't that bad. But one of the main reasons that it is my favorite is its ability, Illusion.
it's called IRONC

Jaysers

I have absolutely no knowledge of pokemons.

Zapdos is the best.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Jaysers

I swear to Helix*.

Shun the nonbeliever!