Server Down Time 7-7-2014 to 7-8-2014

Started by Skitty, July 08, 2014, 09:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

Last night around 11pm the location where Is1 and Teamspeak is housed and hosted was struck by lighting while no major damage to the hardware can be seen it did take out the following: Phone systems, Cable modem, Vonage VOIP Systems. The Phone and Vonage systems will be up and running within a week. The Cable modem will be up by later this evening. My projected time for the service to be restored is around 8pm EST. Thank you for your understanding.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Skitty

At the time of writing this a Warning was placed the distric of which i live in.
QuoteA moderate (4 out of 5) risk for severe weather exists across parts of Pennsylvania and New York this afternoon ahead of thunderstorms that could produce widespread damaging winds in excess of 75 MPH at times. In addition to the wind risk, hail the size of ping pong balls and even a tornado or two are possible.

A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for a huge swath of real estate from upstate New York through central West Virginia, with a high risk for severe winds (greater than 58 MPH) and a moderate risk for winds greater than 75 MPH in and around the watch area.

www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0403.html

Juwayyid

Good luck out there Skitty, we are hoping for the best.  Hope you don't get hit by anything too nasty.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

ran into a bit of issues. currently evaluating the rest of the network and devices.
also weather update.
http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-central/severe-weather-tracker-page
It is bad out right now. lightening and everything. As always i will keep us up online as long as possible :P

Skitty

The damage so far consist of the Modem, Vonage Box, Phone System, and Wifi Router/Master Switch (the 24 port Gbix switch seemed to come out unscathed as well as the surge protectors and batteries). All of the damaged hardware has or is waiting replacements. Hardware/Server wise i am keeping an eye on the systems to verify if there are any problems with them. I am currently investigating how the network became a live wire for the lightning strike to travel through. 
All services have been restored and you should have no issues to connect to them. If you are having issues please contact me here or via PM i will try and assist you.

that being said if you don't follow us on FB and soon to be twitter then you cant see some of the photos of the server or whatever else is happening with IS1 and Teamspeak