Paragon, the new up and coming MOBA.

Started by Drakon, March 14, 2016, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

I have been watching people stream it, and it looks like a lot of fun. It is currently in paid beta, but for those that sign up early, there will be free weekends. Open beta comes in the Summer.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/

Jaysers

"Founder's Pack"

Getting some real Warframe PTSD up in here...
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jaysers

As for actual information regarding the game, take this with a grain of salt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_htC6zDlKVk

Basically it's SMITE with graphics like Crysis and is sci-fi based. It's a MOBA game with 3rd person shooter view, which could put off a lot of people already. Gameplay seems much more slower than any other MOBA game, not to mention it's yet another MOBA game trying to come out.

Since it's a 3rd person shooter, a lot of skills are base on your ability to aim. If your aiming sucks, you will probably suck in this game. You could probably get dizzy with enough spazzing around.

The game itself looks pretty nice. Pretty graphics from explosions, ability effects, etc.

Honestly, I don't see myself playing this. Gameplay seems too slow, bad mouse aiming would mean your ability to play this game would be crap, and playing the game as a MOBA just seems awkward to try.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Jahona

I might try one of the Beta weekends.  It's interesting seeing all of these AAA game developers getting into the free to play MOBA market.  This one is backed by Epic but I know Gearbox/2K are working on Battleborn which is similar but in first person.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Drakon