Let's talk laptops.

Started by Ejay845, March 17, 2016, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

Heyo!

It's 'Jay. After all these years I haven't forgotten about you all! I mean, come on I spent most of the developmental time of my life as a preteen here, anyway. You guys = family. I'm always here if you need anything. I've been getting more time on my hands and after hearing about the minecraft 1.9 update, I thought spending it on minecraft would be great! And this is my home server for minecraft, anyway. So if I shall bunk down, I'll bunk down here(should you have me c: )! Plus, minecraft is only fun with friends and it's hard to find those! Lol

Anyway, to the chase. I need a good laptop for music production. Good and cheap! Macs are off the vote because I don't feel confortable buying refurbished apple products or anything apple for that matter. Plus all macbooks are at least $500 aND I believe my budget to be around $200-$400. I mainly plan to run Ableton Live Lite, and maybe FL Studios on this system. I'd be using this laptop for live performance and making dubstep off scene. If this could also double for a tiny bit of gaming that'd be awesome (e.g. play minecraft  or download steam). Anything durable producing great sound and running at good speeds is great for me. I don't think I need a terabyte, but about 500 gigs, since I want this to last me years. I've read tons of articles, but they all specify things out of my price range. Maybe it's me being a cheapskate, but can anyone help me out? I'm not looking for anything specific.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Emperor_Quimby

Used 700$ to get my mac, and it still have the nerve to ask for payment to clean my computer!

I have no advice for you Jay, you already have the attitude I wish for when buying one.
Just here you say welcome back again :)

pusur44017

Hello, long time no see!

Funny thing is, your nick is the name of a music editing game. I don't have much to offer on the PC front because I feel other people can provide more useful tips, but I would actually go for a terabyte. (although that might seriously limit your options, so anywhere between 750 - 1000GB ish) I have 2TBs and I'm feeling restrained and it's only gonna go up. Especially if you are planning on keeping this a while.

-pusur

Ejay845

It is finished.

I got the Lenovo G-70 for 379. How's it sound? i5 processor with 1 TB hard drive and 8 gigs of ram. 17.1" i believe.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

pusur44017

I think that laptop is a very good purchase and suitable for your tasks. Glad you went for a 1TB HDD, my computer which will be 3 years old this summer has a 2TB HDD and I have just about 500 gigs left...

-pusur

Jaysers

If anything you can always get an external hard drive for more space.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."