Dungeons and Dragons, let's try something new.

Started by Emperor_Quimby, March 24, 2016, 05:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerbandit

Arr Mateys, can I cook ye some grub?

(Can I be the cook?)
Held Together by Duct Tape

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Butlerbandit on March 31, 2016, 12:49:01 AM
Arr Mateys, can I cook ye some grub?

(Can I be the cook?)

Excellent words, and yes, how should the cook look like?

Glenn

Blimey! I'll be taking the Cannoneer then I do suppose! Avast, ye land lubbers! We come to drink your rum and pillage your town!
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Emperor_Quimby

Im pretty sure this is your mirror image Glenn, but correct if I'm wrong

Canoneer claimed

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on March 31, 2016, 01:13:55 AM
"The cook was a stout man with arms that could toss full barrels of fish with ease. He had a rounded pot belly that was covered by a filthy apron stained with what I hope was tomato sauce. His left eye was covered by a black eyepatch, but the rest of his face seemed to be set in a perpetual scowl. No matter what he was doing for you, be it cooking a meal, shaving a beard or stitching a wound, he always seemed angry that he had to do it. I only saw him smile once, and that was when he was performing an amputation..."

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Butlerbandit on March 31, 2016, 02:20:02 PM
Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on March 31, 2016, 01:13:55 AM
"The cook was a stout man with arms that could toss full barrels of fish with ease. He had a rounded pot belly that was covered by a filthy apron stained with what I hope was tomato sauce. His left eye was covered by a black eyepatch, but the rest of his face seemed to be set in a perpetual scowl. No matter what he was doing for you, be it cooking a meal, shaving a beard or stitching a wound, he always seemed angry that he had to do it. I only saw him smile once, and that was when he was performing an amputation..."
Sounds like a quote from the book: "The ring of the slave prince," One cook on its way

Emperor_Quimby

RevolverMech

The Hunter will not be governed by a crew of unprofessional undignified men. As captain of this vessel I'm here by reinstating ranks.

Current Navigator, I'm making you Bosun, that makes you an officer and you damn well like it. No Bosun of mine isn't gonna be navigating this ship without a proper naming ranks, you're in charge of navigation and ensuring the ship does not sink.

Current Cannoneer, i'm reinstating you as Gunner, all yeomen in the powder room and all other armorers in charge of the ships weaponry answer to you. You're outfitting yourself with high explosives, I aim to have the ship be well armed as well.

Current First Mate, Sorry lad but a ship like this can't have command structure like damned old cheese. We need discipline , I'm reinstating you to Master-At-Arms, you're in charge of discipline all you got to remember is the fact crew members are expensive.

Current Cook, Damnation I spent all of my funds on the rest of the ship and her arming. Cook I'm instating you to serve as both the ships surgeon and as its cook. Keep your knives separate. Don't want a deckhand's blood on my goddamned fish. Likewise rest of the men don't need you to be staring them down like a rack of lamb.

For some of you this is not the greatest of promotions. But if my name isn't Madison Coppervil Holdr, I will not see our ship ran like some whore's home: The lot of you answer to your captain. There will be order and a semblance of legitimate structure. I expect to see the lot of you in a weeks time, ready to sail. The Hunter rides soon, and it'll make these seas an offer it can't refuse.
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

Butlerbandit

*Grunts in acknowledgement*
*wipes knife on apron*

Drakon

Aye, Captain! May the ocean be as smooth, as your beard is rough.

Glenn

Aye, Cap'n, I'll get those blimming Powder Monkeys in line! The Hunter should be a Man-O-War by the end of the week! All who oppose us shall be Shark Bait!

NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

RevolverMech

Your scales slightly off matey. Your captain's height is only 1.5 Meters.
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

Emperor_Quimby

yeah and drakon be a bit taller, but otherwise mighty good work

Glenn

Quote from: RevolverMech on April 01, 2016, 09:43:46 AM
Your scales slightly off matey. Your captain's height is only 1.5 Meters.
Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on April 01, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
yeah and drakon be a bit taller, but otherwise mighty good work
Aye Aye, Cap'ns!
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!