OLD Subtopic Re: Thorian Servers: Minecraft Beta 1.8 SMP

Started by gvc1529, November 09, 2011, 09:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvc1529

Nice Thor!
Wolves are wise, and have killer instincts.

sifitis

<--EDIT: sigh, i finally got to 100 posts too...
Thor, lets make this quick and blunt.

We have too much lag, im sure youve heard people whining about it, I know I have. Im not here to complain, Im here to make suggestions. First off, Im aware that you cannot at this time afford a better bandwidth, and Im sure (or at least hoping) that people dont expect you to pay for it yourself. This is where the vicious cycle comes into play- people wont donate to a laggy server -> the server cant improve -> and the cycle loops. Therefore, we need a non monetary related way to improve on the server and cut down on lag. Difficult considering money is not only the root of all evil but the root of all server-software as well :-\ .  But anyways, you made a creative map to stop people whining, they are, however, returning with an even longer list, my friend. Please, for the love of my cube-shaped digital sanity, consider the removal of this map to, I hope, relieve us of some of the lag. Thank you for (hopefully) reading this, and please dont ban me for it :P .

-Sifitis-

Juwayyid

There is a creative map up?  And its Thor's? 

Thor, don't worry about hosting the creative server.  Me and Bren (and others) will take care of the creative servers.  Focus on SMP!  It is so fun just the way it is!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

sifitis

juw, last I checked, it was on the same server, it was just a different map on the same one

Juwayyid

oh, well, it hasn't been like that in a whil1
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

ThorSummoner

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 17, 2011, 05:22:43 PM
There is a creative map up?  And its Thor's? 

Thor, don't worry about hosting the creative server.  Me and Bren (and others) will take care of the creative servers.  Focus on SMP!  It is so fun just the way it is!
I wish my players considered the server to be a creative server, Most (or atleast some) players go out of their way to use cheats/hacks/exploits and it really ruins the mood.

The Creative world has been taken down, It really was too much. When i can finally afford the powersupply for my other motherboard the processing lag will cease. And when i can afford to dump my isp and get the satalite people (about a x5 bandwidth multiplier) that will also be solved!

Time will be a nutsack that will repeatedly be kicked by low paying wages tho. So whatever! I'll do my best to keep it running as efficient as i can get it to
-Thor

Juwayyid

No rush Thor!  I can keep building my just one block at a time!

ThorSummoner

I have an update for you guys! Well I haven't been on much lately cause I've been passionately in love with my own code for the last week and more to come; I do however plan to upgrade the server software to 1.0.0 release, and just do a free-for-all server;
No restrictions, No bleh, No Blah.
If you hack, I'm not going to take time out of my day to force you to play regularly.
This is my new approach to mmo activity; Just do whatever makes you most happy.

I will (soon......) be presenting a bit of a breakthough in my own code; I hope to have this communty embrace it first before the rest of the world and I hope you all will enjoy my gift to the world.... Soooooonn....
-Thor

sifitis

Cool, I havent been on much as of late cause I switched my .jar to 1.9.5 for Brens server and Im too lazy to switch back :P. I hope to rejoin as soon as 1.0.0 comes out, also, good luck with this "special code" of yours :)