Karma?

Started by Juwayyid, December 22, 2011, 01:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

What's all the hubbub about the little karma section of the information of each member?  Ive seen people saying how they are shocked at some of the negative levels of it.

What does it mean?  I noticed I had -5.  Oops, make that -6...
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Its just a feedback score for people to rate your contributions to the forum. They can applaud your comment if they liked it or thought it was useful. Or they can smite it if they think it detracted from the discussion or was nasty. It has no effect on anything within the forum.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Haha, I figured it was something like that!  Thanks for clearing it up!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Glenn

Quote from: Juwayyid on December 22, 2011, 01:14:48 AM
What's all the hubbub about the little karma section of the information of each member?  Ive seen people saying how they are shocked at some of the negative levels of it.

What does it mean?  I noticed I had -5.  Oops, make that -6...
Lol your karma is 0 now.
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

nicolyolyo

Speaking of Karma, how do we award good and bad karma? I don't see the options on the posts' UI.
"- and stuff."

Juwayyid

Holy over a year old topic Batman!

You can award karma with the tiny thumbs up and thumbs down icons found under neath the user info of a particular post.

If you look here to the left of this post, underneath my photo of the gorgeous Emily Rudd, you should find these Icons.

nicolyolyo

That's just it, I don't see those icons. I wasn't sure if it was because I am "new" to the forums or what.

http://s14.postimg.org/6d9c5zcc1/karma.png

EDIT: Better resolution image. God I'm retarded.
"- and stuff."

Jaysers

These are the magnificent thumbs people are speaking about.
At least, if you can see them, that is..
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Skitty

you need at least 10 post before you can start using the karma/rep system.
it was a default

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

nicolyolyo

Thanks for clarifying for me, guys :)
"- and stuff."

nicolyolyo

And that made 10 posts. I see the thumbs now :D
"- and stuff."

Juwayyid

Well glad that's settled for yah then.  By the way, as far as I can tell, I'm not sure this feature is even used that much anyway!

Jaysers

-thumbs down juwayyid for speaking the words of the nonbeliever-
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."