WoM Customization! Client Mode!

Started by Magicman500, December 27, 2011, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman500

To "activate" client mode, simply type /client in ANY server.  It will look similar to the image above.

A brief description of the commands:

/client smooth on:off

• Enables/disables smooth mouse scrolling.  Used mainly for theatrics.  It was introduced in the beta mode with the key command F8, I believe.  Playing with this on is NOT recommended.  It's use is mainly for a dramatic camera panning.

/client ui on:off

• A very helpful command for screenshots and videos alike.  When set to off, the chat will become completely invisible, allowing you to take screenshots without chat interruption (Better than /cls!!)  You can still type with the chat invisible.  you can press "T" and just type "/client ui on" and the chat will come back on.

/client skin ask:always:never

• This command seems very buggy.  It should disable player skins when set to off, enable player skins when set to always, and I'm not sure what ask is supposed to do.  There is a reference to this command on the pop ups that tell you a certain server has a texture pack.  I WOULD RECOMMEND LEAVING THIS COMMAND ALONE

/client chattimes on:off

• This command can be very useful.  When on, all messages in the chat have timestaps on them (hour:minute:second).  Timestamps only show up when the talking interface is open!  The time your computer is set to is the time used.  Timestamps are always on for chat logs, this just enables them in-game as well.

/client chatbg on:off:talk

• This command allows you to change when the chat background appears.  On will make it appear whenever chat is present, off disables it, and talk, the default, tells it to display only when you bring the talking interface up.

/client colors new:old:beta

• A command for those who stuck to 1.6.6 WoM instead of going to 1.8.8 WoM.  New is the default option for this.  Old changes all of the colors to the minecraft.net/WoM 1.6.6 colors.  Beta, as you may have guessed, changes the colors to the beta (Now Retail) colors.

/client scale NUMBER - default = 100

• A fun command.  It changes the scale (Size) of the text.  100 is the default, as stated.

/client hacks on:off

• Pretty simple command.  It does the same thing as clicking the checkbox at the top.  This can be easier than clicking if you use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through what you've said.

/client immovable on:off:talk

• When on, it makes it so people can't push you by running into you.  Off, the default, makes it so they can.  When set to talk, you will become immovable when you bring up the talking interface.

Reichtmueller

I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

jwirth

I finally got the 1.6 WoM color back from them putting this WoM command. :D
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

minecraft1279