My Stance of Current Rank on the Classic Server

Started by zackhart, January 17, 2012, 09:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zackhart

As some of you know I at one time was a Trusted Admin on the once PowerKrew Servers but happened to loose the feeling of it being fun on the servers and decided to take a small break over summer. It happened to be longer due to me taking to a friends Retail server for some time. But when I decided to come check back in on which was once PK I was astonished at the fact of it not showing up anywhere. So I took to Google and finally found the current forums  so I went into my WOM client and located the new server and sure enough when I logged I was drawn to the fact I had been de-ranked to Advanced Builder and was not sure of the cause. After coming into contact with Bren I learned of the reasoning behind the de-ranking which happened to be Inactivity in which I had rightfully in the first placed earned my rank of Trusted Admin. It was after discussing the matter with Bren I was awarded back the Operator rank which I've been at for some time now and have patrolling the server looking for grief or ban-able offenses. But with our servers luck we have MANY dedicated admins who are constantly checking in with this luck this is not a bad thing at all. But I was not given the opportunity to reattain my rank of Trusted Admin and between school my band being in a talent show with daily practices we are trying to have a perfect performance as we can win over a thousand dollars. I've been somewhat busy between all of that and have had little time for what I am now regaining the feeling of it being fun on the server and am slowly and surly having more time available to play in which I plan on doing. But the purpose of me typing something so long is it would be highly appreciated on my end if I were to receive my rank of Trusted Admin again in which I plan on being active quite a lot more between now and the upcoming months. Thank you for taking this into consideration if you did but if not and if I must regain the rank the way I had the first time I will have no problem in that response.

Thanks and Cheers,
-Zack

P.S.- Sorry for the long read everybody.
All In All Were Just Another Brick In The Wall.....

jwirth

Im sorry to say zack but we cant just give you the rank back just like that. but you can earn it back if we see you are on much more then you have been. give it a week or 2 and we will see from there.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bren4q

Quote from: zackhart on January 17, 2012, 09:11:24 PM
decided to take a small break over summer.  It happened to be longer due to me taking to a friends Retail server for some time.
Yeah, you pretty much stopped playing in May 2011, and with the exception of a few short sporadic logons, you didn't return until December.

in which I had rightfully in the first placed earned my rank of Trusted Admin.

You see, this isn't entirely true either. You got the TrustedAdmin rank by asking PowerHouse for the rank directly. This was at a time when PowerHouse wasn't involved much in the ins and outs of every day PK Classic  server activity. I was pretty much covering all the day-to-day stuff with some other SuperOps and it was us, not Power, that gave all the TA ranks. But because you messaged Power directly on the forum you got lucky. PH didnt really know how long you had been playing. You were only an Op for about 10 days by the time you got TA rank, and ranked/banned about 30 people.

Since then we have more formally set the requirement for TA at 200 ranks and bans (combined). I think all of the current TA's have accumulated this amount and more. After scanning all log files dating back to February 2011 for both PK1 and PK3 servers, your own total tally of ranks and bans is approx 100 to date, which is half of what the requirement for TA is. I know that its hard to get this number up because for the last month things have been quiet, but for the 10 months prior to that it would have been quite easy if you would only log on and help out with admin stuff. Some Ops banned and ranked 100 people in less than a month.

Its great that you're still around nearly 1 year on from when you first started and its always good fun when you join. But if you are serious about getting the 2nd highest rank in the group, you have to get serious about doing all the stuff that operators do.

between school my band being in a talent show with daily practices we are trying to have a perfect performance as we can win over a thousand dollars. I've been somewhat busy between all of that and have had little time

Yup, for sure, other stuff takes priority. But reward and ranks can't very well be given to people on the basis that they would have helped out had they been around. I'm sure you understand.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

like i yell at all my staff on my other forums. DO YOUR JOB.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.