Started by bren4q, November 10, 2011, 06:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

The day after the day before tomorrow is 11.11.11  :o

Is the full version of Minecraft getting released on the 11th or the 18th?
IGN says the 11th: http://uk.ign.com/index/release.html
Minecraft wiki says the 18th: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

Damnit!
1.9 isn't even released yet!

What is Notch up to?

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

bren4q

Is it a case that "1.9 Beta" = "1.0 full" ?
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Notch has said the 18th.  The 11th was a poke at elder scrolls during E3 earlier this year but Notch realized the game would not be complete by then.

I believe since were nearing the end of beta notch will roll 1.9 into 1.0 release.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Juwayyid

So what does this full version mean to us?  Will we need to do any further purchasing or paying per month?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

In the terms and conditions on the Minecraft site it says that anyone who buys the game while still in development (i.e. Beta) will get a free update to the full version when it comes out. But Mojang don't make any guarantees on getting free upgrades forever beyond that.  Basically, its free updates for the forseeable future, but they may change their mind some day and start charging for updates.

The only change with the release of the final version 1.0 is that the price goes up from €15 to €20.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

The only change with the release of the final version 1.0 is that the price goes up from €15 to €20.
o_o Uh oh, if they start charging for the update, that might be the end of my Minecraft experience  :-[
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

gaminguru

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought people who bought it in Alpha were promised all future updates free, no exceptions. I may be wrong and he could easily change his mind, but if I'm right, yay!

Juwayyid

whys that skittles?  You still have the game as it is now, why stop?  It's perfectly magnificent just as it is!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

findena

Not only that, but that is the last binary day for another 89 years  :P (sorry for being random)

bren4q

Quote from: findena on November 10, 2011, 07:22:59 PM
Not only that, but that is the last binary day for another 89 years  :P (sorry for being random)

(that's binary for "true")  8)
Surplus to requirements

evilmaniaman

i might be off for a while until i am finished with skyrim, but besides that i'm away for the weekend so it doesn't change much.
ye...