So You Want Into the VoxelBox?

Started by thealex447, February 05, 2012, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thealex447

I applied to the VoxelBox and got in. (As I'm told, 25% acceptance rate) I whipped up a pretty damn good build, interior and all, and was told to build something else.

To give you perspective:

Boy oh boy am I pissed right now!

I am having a Voxel-Rage-Quit right now

MarcusBoay

The VoxelBox is for the extremely good only O.O

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

thealex447

I named it a "Party House" and they pretty much tore it apart. I had to add a bar, restrooms, and stripper poles. That still wasn't good enough. They are impressed by the exterior, but hate the interior, so whatever.

MarcusBoay

Quote from: thealex447 on February 05, 2012, 02:20:06 AM
They are impressed by the exterior, but hate the interior, so whatever.

Who are they? and the interior needs imporving i guess... and WHAT? They tore it apart?!

This could only mean one thing... VoxelBox = place for god-like builders!

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Juwayyid

More like - a place for people who give no credit to the little guys who are trying.  A place for assholes!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

thealex447

It seems to me they like really over-done interiors. I prefer a minimalist design.....

Takinomfan

I tried to get into the VB once as well... And had the same problem.

I'm no good at decorating the insides of houses...

winner321

I did an over done interior for an underground hobbit hole said great but build it above ground...
Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

thealex447

uh yea, only 1 person has been whitelisted for an underground build... That one person would be KupoKupo, aka an admin.

winner321

I built these got the usual touch up here fix that change this a bit. Great loved it gone on today ask someone to have a look and he says "Idk just doesn't show your building skills enough maybe you should do a larger tree with something in it. Depressed...

thealex447

They are definitely good trees, but i was afraid they would want more. Take their advice, build a huge tree and put a house or something inside the trunk.

winner321

hmm imgonna drop houses n go organix (attention winner321 is now gone into the loony world of organix) see you guys sometime...maybe...

winner321

Yah im having the same problems interior n such so time to ditch convetional builds ORGANIX weeeheeeeeeeeeee