Insomniac "Ace of Spades" server

Started by bren4q, February 17, 2012, 12:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

New experimental game server - Ace of Spaces

Someone mentioned this game a while back. Ace of Spades is meant to be like Minecraft with guns. I never played it, I only looked at the trailer. It seems a little rough around the edges compared to Minecraft but it can't hurt to give it a try. And I'm in an experimenting kind of mood!

Download and install the game from the Ace of Spades site.
http://www.ace-spades.com/play/
Connect to the "Insomniac AoS" server that is listed on the above link.

I haven't even tried it out so I have no idea how the game works, but there are random people joining the server (most likely Italians cos all Italians are fucking COLORBLIND it seems, cos they think an Irish flag is an Italian flag  >:( )

I'll be trying it out later myself when I get off work.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Minecraft with guns my ass!
More like Battlefield 1916. The digging and building aspect is pretty useless. So you're left with shooting, in which case you are better off playing TF2 or something.
Oh well. I'll leave it running for a day or two if anyone is curious about it.

I'm gonna see about some other small games we might run. I signed up for the beta of Brick Force (another "Minecraft with guns" dealio, but more polished) which will be available at the end of February.

Any other ideas for simple games we could run? Criteria are:
- Multiplayer
- Free/dirt cheap
- Low PC specs
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Turned it off for fear of it lagging the Creative server. Creative had about 7 players on at the time. Its quieter now so I'll run Ace of Spades again for the next 24 hours or so.
Surplus to requirements

Ejay845

I went on the server, it was great! But no one was on so I left lol
[spoiler][/spoiler]

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

Skitty

i was on for a few minutes. it looks fun :D

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

It's basically what we were trying to do with the battle arena thing on creative a week or two ago.  I feel our arena thing is equally as fun as ace of spades, but both have their pros and cons!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Its actually growing on me now. Could do with some tweaks and need to download better maps, but its good for a quick pick-up-and-play game.
Surplus to requirements

Glenn

I just played it and I rlly like it :) I hope it will stay
;D
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

thealex447

im pretty sure this game is better than CoD. I also like it because im actually good at it :P

bren4q

I'm taking the Ace Of Spades server down while I am temporarily hosting the Minecraft Classic server. Need to keep that as lag free as possible.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Ok, how about suggesting a different server for us to play on together while ours is on hiatus?  I like playing with the usual insomniac goers!

as42554525

proxiefield 3 is pretty good (amazing maps, and little cheating)

thealex447

I dont know where everyone lives, but i commonly play at Jestservers Dallas and LA because of their good ping. You will probably find me there if Insomniac is down or empty. Becuase of their popularity, there are quite a few hackers, but that 30-70 ping is unbeatable.