Insomniac Build-Off Competition - Round 2

Started by Saracalia, March 23, 2012, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saracalia

Insomniac Build-Off Competition - Round 2!

Welcome competitors! We are now for a rude shock for round 2, because there is new limits, and a new shock!
As you all know, those who are now in Round 2, there ranks have been set back to EpicBuilder, and therefore, they have to go by the rules of what they can do in EpicBuilder. Don't worry, you will get your normal ranks back at either end of the round, or at the end of the competition, depending on how far you get! And this rounds "Theme to Build" is:

Land Down Under
Build anything that is related to anything Australian. For all I care, you all could try to build Ayers Rock or World Tower in Sydney.

Cuboid limits has been set to the ranks limits, so if you're all ranked EpicBuilder, than you all have only a limit of 1600 blocks.
Good luck, have fun!

Competition ends Tuesday April 10, 2012 around 10:30PM AEST! Now, due to EDT ending on April 1, I have given that extra hour for everyone to complete there builds in 2 weeks times, so yeah.

Here is the time of the competition for the times in Eastern Australia (Melbourne)
May the best builder win! Good luck

MarcusBoay

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Saracalia

Quote from: MarcusBoay on March 23, 2012, 09:22:56 AM
anything related to australia?

No, do not build me!
And what is with you and that build?

Blitzkin

Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over.

haze_storm15

MarcusBoay

Quote from: MarcusBoay on March 23, 2012, 09:22:56 AM
anything related to australia?

I don't know anything from australia -_-
How the hell am I suppose to build?

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

joppe205

marcus, google is your friend^^,

and noku, how much space do we have? cuz i would like to build the opera house + harbor bridge

Saracalia

I have made spaces on the buildoffmap, so use the space in those spaces. Do not try and take up all the space please joppe,

And MarcusBoay, you could always, research

Worceste

Dear All,

Unfortunatelly, my computer "felt ill" last night and now I must face reality without my PC and, what's most important without WoM and stable net connection... That means I shall withdrawn from the contest. It was a real pleasure to be part of this competition, being promoted to second round astounded me deeply.  8)

So good luck participants and may the best win! :)

Saracalia

Due to the easter break, and me not going to be anywhere within a stable net connection, I have moved the time up to when the builds have to be finished.

Hope to see who will go through to round 3!

kesteve

Hi guys,

Here's my entry.

It's a rendering of the Sydney Town Hall:

Here's my build:

In case these links didn't work... try this: http://imgur.com/4GBMn,taThj,ATwRX,8KkyE,gJy9m#0

Thanks for looking at my build!  :D
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

bren4q

Holy shit guys. I visited the buildoff2 map and all those builds are spectacular. Its gonna be a close call this time round.

Serious props for doing all that as EpicBuilder!
Surplus to requirements

haze_storm15

joppe205

here is my build:

The Australian War Memorial:

Original:

My:

Btw, Mine is INSIDE decorations:)

Greetz Joppe

Blitzkin

The Sidney Opera House - http://imgur.com/a/2PtMT#0

I decided to do the most iconic australian building, the shape was really challenging / scary to build, wich led me into many hours of work to get it right. building the interiors will be left for a future project, since i've been busy with college and stuff.

hope you like it :3

Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger.
More than ever hour after our work is never over.