Trojan(for Ejay)

Started by Kidd2000, March 29, 2012, 12:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidd2000

<<I want to tell you and help you get rid of this as soon as possible so read all of this.>>

How long ago was the previous virus scan? A trojan gets it's name from the Trojan Horse of mythology. A trojan is a program that carries another program inside. The carried program can be anything. Most times, they carry adware or spyware, which are NOT virus programs. There are a LOT of sites out there that try to install adware or spyware. They offer to "scan" your PC for problems and do exactly as they say, but at the same time, they add their spyware or adware so they can target your browser with ads. The problem is twofold: the program steals resources and your privacy, but is otherwise harmless. If you run a firewall program such as Zone Alarm, the firewall can tell you is any program is sending data that it shouldn't. There are two types of virus, program and macro. In order to get infected by a virus, you either have to actually run a program OR open a document or spreadsheet with a macro virus AND have macros enabled in the editor or spreadsheet. So, simply opening an email will not infect your machine, but if you open an attachment, it COULD actually be a program instead of a document as it appears. When you "clicked on a pic" as you say, you actually clicked on a LINK, and it was something at that link which was seen as a threat. It was NOT the picture that was the threat. It is unlikely that an email contained any virus, but it could have had an infected program as an attachment, so simply opening the email would not infect the machine, but running the attachment COULD. Or, you could have visited a site that tried to install adware or spyware. It is very hard to track these things down. Make sure your virus scanner is up to date and running it often. You must (at least I do) scan you computer with Kaspersky PURE (or some other protection) every other week or every week if you are exploring new sites and are into emailing.

As for getting rid of it, I know how, but I suck at explaining things and teaching this. Maybe someone could tell you.

Good luck dude. I dont even know if you'd see this before its too late.