Demotion Query

Started by SeekerOfAwesome, April 03, 2012, 08:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeekerOfAwesome

IGN: SeekerOfAwesome

Hey everyone,

I have been a long time member of the server but I stopped coming roughly 6 months ago. I had achieved probuilder by that time (I have images of a few of my buildings to prove it if required) and when I returned (a few days ago), my rank was still probuilder.

However I logged in today to find I was demoted back to builder and I would like to know what happened. 400 Cube limit is a hard life my friends :(

Regards,
Seeker

jwirth

from what I heard you where demoted for trying to attract griefers with your "grief this" sign.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

SeekerOfAwesome

Fair enough. However I didn't build that building, I built the "Dig Here" trap which opened a door to a pit of lava.

When Endermantel began saying that the "Grief Me!" building would attract Griefers, I defended it stating that it should be an exception. If anything, it would teach the Griefers a lesson (The building was essentially a big door. Once any block was destroyed, the whole thing would open up to a pit of lava).

I'm not going to point fingers but I will say that I did not build that building.

jwirth

even so the point of this server is to have fun and be grief free if we are teaching guests oh there is a sign where we can "destroy" stuff they will think its just a grief server and grief more and make are server look bad.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

SeekerOfAwesome

The fact of the matter stands that I did not even create the building. I was simply there when an op entered and I stated that the building should not be seen as "inviting griefers". Its silly to believe that one building that says "Grief Me!" and ends up killing you would suggest to anybody that this server tolerates griefing of every building in the server.

I defended the building because I thought it was an interesting and fun concept (which you said we are trying to promote) because I saw it as nothing more than a cool build. I am certain had the sign not been there or had said instead ("Touch the floor"), I would not be here. Sure perhaps a braindead monkey could say "BUILDING SAYS GRIEF ME! MUST MEAN WHOLE SERVER" but they are a dime a dozen and an op can redo their mess anyway.

Plus, I was demoted after a new guest map was introduced so anybody dumb enough to see the sign and think its a free passage to griefing is not going to know how to type /goto map155.

Sublimity

I think he should get his rank back. Taking the effort to post here and defending his rank is what a determined builder should do. And come on, he never had bad intentions with that build. He apologized, so in my opinion he should get re-ranked to probuilder.

Just stating my opinion, though.

SeekerOfAwesome

Quote from: Sublimity on April 03, 2012, 11:11:51 AM
I think he should get his rank back. Taking the effort to post here and defending his rank is what a determined builder should do. And come on, he never had bad intentions with that build. He apologized, so in my opinion he should get re-ranked to probuilder.

Just stating my opinion, though.

<3

Plus, when you see my next build... HO HO!

CTSquirrel

I was the one who demoted him, but for an entirely different reason, albeit a poor one. While checking for grief yesterday, I discovered Seeker's build on map156. It was a pretty good build. Checking /whois Seekerofawesome, for some reason, it was telling me the time spent on the server was around 35 minutes with 8500-ish blocks modified. This seemed quite odd for a probuilder to have only spent 35 minutes on the server, so I looked around to find a few more builds of his, but didn't really find much.

I assumed we had an overzealous OP (bad assumption) who promoted someone to probuilder for only 1 good build. This morning, I checked the /whois Seekerofawesome again, and now I get completely different information. No, I didn't misspell the name the first time either.

At any rate, since I demoted you, Seeker, and it is proven to be a mistake on my part, your rank has been set back to probuilder. Sorry for the mistake, Seeker.

SeekerOfAwesome

Quote from: CTSquirrel on April 03, 2012, 11:23:24 AM
I was the one who demoted him, but for an entirely different reason, albeit a poor one. While checking for grief yesterday, I discovered Seeker's build on map156. It was a pretty good build. Checking /whois Seekerofawesome, for some reason, it was telling me the time spent on the server was around 35 minutes with 8500-ish blocks modified. This seemed quite odd for a probuilder to have only spent 35 minutes on the server, so I looked around to find a few more builds of his, but didn't really find much.

I assumed we had an overzealous OP (bad assumption) who promoted someone to probuilder for only 1 good build. This morning, I checked the /whois Seekerofawesome again, and now I get completely different information. No, I didn't misspell the name the first time either.

At any rate, since I demoted you, Seeker, and it is proven to be a mistake on my part, your rank has been set back to probuilder. Sorry for the mistake, Seeker.

No problem CTSquirrel, I would've done the same thing.

Thanks everyone.