Insomniac Build-Off Competition - Round 3!

Started by Saracalia, May 02, 2012, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTSquirrel

The map is made, however, Schiller and I weren't sure if there were to be 2 or 3 contestants. It's currently set up for two, but there are markings on the edges to split the map into three equal parts as well.

jwirth

alright I will fix the map right now then. (done)
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

kesteve

Could someone please add physics to buildoff3. I don't think marcus boay's build should be affected. It would help me make some hills look nicer, if it's ok with marcus.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

MarcusBoay

Quote from: kesteve on May 05, 2012, 06:39:49 PM
Could someone please add physics to buildoff3. I don't think marcus boay's build should be affected. It would help me make some hills look nicer, if it's ok with marcus.

added.

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

joppe205

when does it has te be finished? cuz iam not here this week, iam going on a school trip so i cant build

Saracalia

Quote from: joppe205 on May 06, 2012, 04:20:04 PM
when does it has te be finished? cuz iam not here this week, iam going on a school trip so i cant build

Did you read the first post?

QuoteThis round will end on Friday 25th of May, 2012 around 8:00am, AEST

kesteve

Hello, here's my final entry for the buildoff. I did the Acropolis of Athens, Greece.

Here's what I built:

-The Acropolis as a whole:

This includes:
--The Parthenon:

--The Odeum of Herodes:

--The Theater of Dionysus:

--The Alter of Zeus:

--The Areopagus:

All levels on the build are accessible by walking and all buildings can be entered and have interior decorations (except one watchtower and a building adjacent to the theater of Dionysus). Here is a taste of some of the insides and extras:

There is much more to my build. You can explore and enjoy it at the server IS1, map "buildoff3".
Thanks for looking at my build!! =D
ps: If you would like me to post a picture of each of my buildings, just comment. I didn't want to add too many pictures and overwhelm anyone.

bren4q

That looks incredible, man. Can't wait to see it in game.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Remember, Round 3 ends in less than 12 hours, so post your builds here so the judges can judge them!

And this is the final round, so the winner of this round will receive a code for a Minecraft Premium Account!

Takinomfan

kesteve

Well then.... time to start breeding some sheep for my wool.  ;D

Takinomfan

I'll just give you the wool... If those buildings are hollow, I'm pretty sure I have enough.

My second wool farm works well. ^_^

MarcusBoay

I'm not gonna post mine here.
It will be in-game  ;)

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

bren4q

Is there more than 1 entrant? Because in the screenshots the other half of that map is empty.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Quote from: bren4q on May 25, 2012, 04:56:38 AM
Is there more than 1 entrant? Because in the screenshots the other half of that map is empty.

People should have finished there builds by now. If it is not finished or has not been started, well, they can not go on and start building!