OLD - Creative Server: Bukkit v1.5.1

Started by bren4q, November 17, 2011, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

Creative server hosted on Skitty's machine. High specs (6 cores, 16GB), good internet connection, located in New York, USA.

KEY POINTS TO NOTE
1. Address: isclassic.dyn-o-saur.com
2. To be able to build you must request rights here on the forum.

Details
- Server uses Bukkit 1.5.1
- Players need v1.5.1 of Minecraft
- Does not allow non-premium players to play
- Live map: isclassic.dyn-o-saur.com:8123

Ranks
It is currently whitelisted. Apply for Builder rights here.

- Default (can't build)
- Builder(can build)
- VIP (WorldEdit)
- Moderator (create warps, change game mode)
- Admin (HawkEye commands and others)

Darthjahona, Skitty and I are admins. Contact one of us if you have a question/problem or post it here on the forum.

Commands
Builders can set their own home spawn points and teleport, but they cannot use the more powerful WorldEdit commands for making cuboids/spheres/etc. The next rank up, which is VIP, can cuboid and use many of the WorldEdit commands.
WorldEdit is quite powerful and can be destructive if not used correctly. It can also be used to make hideous looking builds which would spoil the appearance of the world. This is why it is reserved for VIP rank.
Builders can get to VIP if they show that they can behave responsibly without making random/unattractive builds. VIPs can drop back to Builder if they misuse WorldEdit.

We've assigned commands to each rank but if you feel there should be a command allowed for a certain rank please mention it. Request changes or new plugins here. Bare in mind that we are avoiding installing too many plugins because they can make it slow and unstable, so some requests may not be implemented.

Installed Plugins
Essentials
Essentials Spawn
WorldEdit
VoxelSniper
VoxelGadget
Stargate portals
DisguiseCraft
Lockette
WirelessRedstone (removed for now)
AuthDB (removed for now)
Hawkeye
WorldGuard
Dynmap
StreetLights

Help
The help system is pretty good for info on commands. Typing /help will list all available commands to you. There will be several pages so "/help 2", etc. will get subsequent pages. You can also do a full text search of all commands and command descriptions, e.g. "/help tp" will list all commands that contain the letters "tp".
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Bren, I hate to ask this, and I don't mean to sound like I don't trust you or anything, but will this server, in the form that it is now, be the permanent one? 
I only ask because Thor went through like 3 maps before finalizing the one we use now.  Everything from the maps before those were deleted.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

If people don't have problems with lag, then yes, this will continue to run.

If I ever need to stop hosting it, for whatever reason (e.g. I lose my job and blow all my savings on drugs and hookers), I will find another host for it. Or at the very least I'll make the whole thing available to download in its entirety (map, plugins, configs, etc.) for someone else to host.

Whatever gets made here will be stored and safe. I still have the original Beta 2 world for crying out loud! Sifits and Butlerbandit might be glad to hear that all their first builds at PK are still on my machine :)
I don't delete stuff.

If its the map you are worried about, well that's entirely up to you guys. If you want a new world to be generated, then better to say so as early as possible before people have built a lot. If we are ever forced to generate a new world then we will do our utmost to copy good builds from the old onto the new.

Anyway, you get the idea. There'll be no "now you see it, now you don't" happening with the stuff on this server.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Quote from: jwirth on November 17, 2011, 06:12:02 PM
I would like to join in on the server but if I upgrade to 1.9 I wont be able to play on thors server for survival.

Just make a copy of your .minecraft folder.  Swap out jars and when you want to go back to 1.8 just delete the original .minecraft folder and put in your copy.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

thealex447

This server is epic! Bren has pro Internet connection and his "modest" machine has no trouble at all.

Jahona

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 29, 2011, 05:56:06 PM
Just go ahead and suggest here!

No we need a plugin and mod sub section.  I'll add that to my list of what I sent bren and skitty.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Skittlez

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

This creative server has been updated and now runs v1.0.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Creative server has been updated to 1.1
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Oooh, old topic bump.
Creative server now running 1.4
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Creative server is now running v1.5.1

It has also been relocated to Skitty's classic server (the fast one with 6 cores and 16GB of RAM).
The new IP is:
isclassic.dyn-o-saur.com

Hopefully this will reduce the amount of crashing. It will also reduce some of the latency that our American players would have experienced - the server is now 3164 miles closer to you guys!
MWC movies should have smoother player movement as a result, which will make them look better.

Surplus to requirements

Skitty

when i get my pc up and running ill make the changes that will alocate more ram to it

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bren4q

I've added the command line arguments into the batch file that launches the server so that it gives 4096 MB. Should be plenty. The Creative server just needs to be restarted to take effect.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Also can we make slight updates to the dynmap chat?  Its on the default and it doesn't keep the messages up for very long.

Skitty

ty bren. almost done with wireing

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.