Connection Issues

Started by CTSquirrel, June 08, 2012, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTSquirrel

I just reformatted my desktop's harddrive yesterday and have been reinstalling things back onto it. When trying to join any MC Classic server, I get the following message:

It doesn't matter if I login through WOM or through a browser, it's always the same. I even reinstalled Java three times, but no luck. Any suggestions for a fix?

pusur44017

oh no.........i know this error this is what i get when i cant get on premium or classic...

well...you can allways try this

go to start, search for %temp%.
find a file called www.minecraft.net. Delete it then go to the site www.minecraft.net and try single player then try multiplayer...

if not...you'll just have to wait

-pusur

Reichtmueller

I'm not sure if this is fixed by now but I get this message everytime I click "Resume"

try unchecking valid and logging in and go into the server manually.

Not sure if it will work for ya, but works like a charm for me every time!  8)
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Skitty

this happens when you try to connect through the resume method and the server has been restarted.

i have been having alot of issues here regarding power so i keeps going on and off.

finally fixing power lines i guess,

try looking for the direct connect flags like i have to.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

CTSquirrel

I tried Pusur's method, but was not able to find "%temp%", nor a file called "www.minecraft.net". However, I'm running Windows XP Pro; not sure if searching for these files makes a big difference between Win7 and XP.

Also, I sign into WOM normally (not resume) and get the error at any server, not just ours. And as far as I recall, there isn't a "resume" type sign in procedure for the web browser, because I get the same error through Firefox as well, regardless of which server I try and join.

Kinda frustrating...  :|