Battlefield 3 Premium

Started by bren4q, June 23, 2012, 05:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

thealex447:
Whats with this battlefield premium. I already paid $60 for the game, your not taking another $40!!! I might get close quarters though...

darthjahona:
I bought it alex.  If you plan on getting all of the expansion backs it's cheaper in the end.

thealex447:
the only expansion pack that looked good to me was close quarters, so i probably wont get premium. I happen to have a $20 psn card laying around, I have been waiting for DLC to use it on.
Plus i already have karkand because i got the special edition bf3 or whatever its called

darthjahona:
Still cheaper to get Premium if you plan to get the other DLC packs.  Plus you get a fancy knife.

thealex447:
lol a fancy knife that looks like a crayola box cutter. Plus, there are 2 premium servers for ps3 in the West US. Sure, it will increase, but i would rather stick with the popular DLC

kidd2000:
@ Darth/alex: I personally hate this EA online pass, then VIP, then this premium. But I love BF3 and i saw a horse on the last DLC cover:End Game. So if I'm going to pay $40 bucks to ride a god-damn horse next to an abrams tank, shooting those dirty russians with my M14...so be it. Hey, alex, if you have a ps3, I'd love to show how to play the game . Hopefully you have a mic so we can actually use tactics and stick together. I'm good with the M1911 and the M14/L85. I'm the best pilot know to man (ever flown a little bird in the Damavand peak destroying a tank and killing 5 people making it out alive?) aaaaaand I'll go ape sh*t with M1014.

darthjahona:
It's probably more of a benifit for PC players than consoles.

kidd2000:
I got the limited ed. BF3 that will give me the packs for free and play online for free. But I mean think of this problem. Xbox player pays per month like $14? to play online. Now you gotta buy BF3. If you want to play online, you have to buy the online pass. Already at $84. Now if you want the expansion packs, all in one go. You have to buy VIP. Another $10! Then freaking premium comes along offering new weapons, 2 weeks adv. in the exp. packs, 2x exp,new dog tags and other stuff for $40. So around $140 to get all of this. which is so damn stupid to people who didn't pre-order it. EA is a mess, thier customer service is such a joke. Honestly, I dare you to ask them a simple question and you'll not get what your looking for. Not too mention, people hack into your conversations to get passwords for EA and info about yourself
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

BF3 Premium is only expansion packs? No original game included? That sucks.
I already have the game on Xbox but I want to have it on PC too for the bigger multiplayer games, but paying full price for the same game would be silly. If BF3 Premium included the original I would be all over it, but 'tis not to be.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Not entirely it includes early access to all of the upcoming DLC packs.  A custom knife that is well, not sure my feelings on that.  Weapon Camo.  Priority que to servers that are full, you skip to the front of the line.  Access to premium only events, no info yet.  Double EXP weekends.  Info and videos about future content before released through normal press channels.  New Assignments (Achievements),  New fancy dog tags to go along with those achievements.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

thealex447

Yup I have ps3. the_alex_447 I don't have a mic, but I will follow you the whole time. I'm pretty much a noob lol. I have karkand and close quarters. I don't expect to buy any more DLC.

Premium is basically a DLC pack from Costco (if you have those)

Kidd2000

The premium event will be in august. Which is the main reason I'll be buying it soon. I'm pretty damn good if I have a great squad. Crappy squad....well then I quit the game. I'm sure you'll do fine Alex. :)

~USE THE SOFLAM PEOPLE!~
~Don't use the fence as cover -.-~

bren4q

Quote from: bren4q on June 23, 2012, 06:29:26 AM
BF3 Premium is only expansion packs? No original game included? That sucks.
If BF3 Premium included the original I would be all over it, but 'tis not to be.
I just saw that there is a "Premium Edition" that has been released this month which includes the original game. After some shopping around and with a 10% discount code, I just ordered the PC DVD version for a rather pleasant €36 ($46). Sweet! Not bad, considering the downloadable version from Origin would cost me €60 ($77).

It irks me how these digital delivery services are still charging more than what you pay for a physical DVD in a box, including delivery. Greedy bastids.
Surplus to requirements

Mudman

Whatever the next contest is, someone needs to donate 60 bucks, for the winner. Winner gets either a $60 PSN card or a $60 Microsoft points. I would build like no other for that...
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

winner321

Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

Mudman

Haha winner, as in THE winner of the contest silly.
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...